Wanted! 996 911 in Melbourne Coupe or Cab Auto or Manual

withers

4 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Personally, I would suggest to stick with your current course and stay strong.

Maybe I have it wrong, but I understood you always wanted a 911

The 987 may feel familiar, but only you can answer whether it will leave you longing for the 911

Yes I agree!

I’m drawn to the 911 absolutely, far more than if I see a 987 on the road. Plus family of 3.   Just funny the timing of my old car coming on the market. 

6 hours ago, crsedge said:

I see the cab is now on hold.

Was it you @amanda? 😊

guilty.....

was too good to pass up, no time for a ppi but took it for a good long drive on Sunday, collected it this morning. Goes into Autohaus next week for a check up and list of to do's for me to attack based on priorities over the foreseeable future. Has regular book stamped history, dry as a desert underneath, no tell tale oil weeps. Oil changes every 2k km with the filter being split and checked for glitter.  Has some good options including LSD, extended leather heated seats. Upgraded 18's but got the original 17's in the deal. 

Took the long way home 2.5 hours and very happy so far

7 minutes ago, Tips said:

guilty.....

was too good to pass up, no time for a ppi but took it for a good long drive on Sunday, collected it this morning. Goes into Autohaus next week for a check up and list of to do's for me to attack based on priorities over the foreseeable future. Has regular book stamped history, dry as a desert underneath, no tell tale oil weeps. Oil changes every 2k km with the filter being split and checked for glitter.  Has some good options including LSD, extended leather heated seats. Upgraded 18's but got the original 17's in the deal. 

Congratulations on the purchase I’m sure you’ll love it 

2 hours ago, amanda said:

I’m drawn to the 911 absolutely, far more than if I see a 987 on the road. Plus family of 3.   Just funny the timing of my old car coming on the market. 

stay strong Amanda I know how long you have been waiting to get back in to a Porsche. Definitely a 911 for that family of 3, there is a car out there with your name on it.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

stay strong Amanda I know how long you have been waiting to get back in to a Porsche. Definitely a 911 for that family of 3, there is a car out there with your name on it.

Firstly ... congrats on the purchase! ..

I've said it many times before .. our cars find us! ..

This may not have been the car for @amanda and right now it may not be clear why, but all will be explained when her car finds her ... it'll just be "the one" .. 🙂

3 hours ago, Tips said:

guilty.....

Congrats Tips. I hope she turns out to be a total ripper. Sounds like the sellers advert didn’t do the car justice!

3 hours ago, Tips said:

All good here. I’m not devo. I must say buying interstate makes me nervous. I want to see it in person first. So I’m happy to wait. 

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

I've said it many times before .. our cars find us! ..

This may not have been the car for @amanda and right now it may not be clear why, but all will be explained when her car finds her ... it'll just be "the one" .. 🙂

I agree. Not only do you want an awesome car at your price, you want a good seller and for the experience to be fun. It should fun. 

4 hours ago, Tips said:

guilty.....

Congrats! 
Hopefully one less potential buyer for those of us still looking 👍😎 

2 hours ago, amanda said:

Congrats Tips. I hope she turns out to be a total ripper. Sounds like the sellers advert didn’t do the car justice!

All good here. I’m not devo. I must say buying interstate makes me nervous. I want to see it in person first. So I’m happy to wait. 

I agree. Not only do you want an awesome car at your price, you want a good seller and for the experience to be fun. It should fun. 

The advert certainly wasn’t a stand out I was watching it and saw the price drop on Sat morning and called him. He wouldn’t take a holding deposit, and wasn’t going to be home until Sunday evening and the was going to trade it Monday. I almost gave up but pestered him to call me when he got home and I drove the 60 min to look at it. Ended up being a nice guy has owned plenty of Porsches and others but had fallen out of love with it. He was just a passive seller. I suppose we do meet all types of people in this car game.

Hey so I’m interested in the manual cab in SA

ive spoken to the seller and he sounds good. Car sounds good. 

who here has bought a 996 sight unseen and has a bit of time to help me walk through doing this do I don’t get a lemon? Or miss anything?! Last time I did this it was 2013!

any advice appreciated!

so far this is what I’ve done

- asked for photos of all pages of service history

- get photo of build sticker in bonnet

- check ppsr  (will do once have vin)

-  PPI where in Adelaide should I ask for car to go?

and leave holding deposit  

if all works out well then will get CEVA enclosed transport over here  

have I missed anything?

9 minutes ago, amanda said:

ive spoken to the seller and he sounds good. Car sounds good. 

who here has bought a 996 sight unseen and has a bit of time to help me walk through doing this do I don’t get a lemon? Or miss anything?! Last time I did this it was 2013!

any advice appreciated!

so far this is what I’ve done

have I missed anything?

I got ppi on my car done by Porsche Centre Adelaide. Would recommend. I would have used Buiks but they were the ones selling it. 

I did the PPI without seeing the car in person then flew down from Sydney to inspect before handing over the payment. I the drove it to CEVA and flew home. 

If you don’t want to go to Adelaide in person, maybe see if Buiks will act as intermediary for you if you get the PPI done there? They could then hold the car, keys and papers in escrow pending payment?

Just now, D2000 said:

I got ppi on my car done by Porsche Centre Adelaide. Would recommend. I would have used Buiks but they were the ones selling it. 

I did the PPI without seeing the car in person then flew down from Sydney to inspect before handing over the payment. I the drove it to CEVA and flew home. 

If you don’t want to go to Adelaide in person, maybe see if Buiks will act as intermediary for you if you get the PPI done there? They could then hold the car, keys and papers in escrow pending payment?

Yeh the trusting someone with $4*000 is a bit scary!!!

I’ll ring Buiks and ask if that’s an option  

The only reason I don’t want to fly is due to COVID  I know there’s little virus around  but just don’t want to risk it!!! 

5 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

***Factory touchscreen and reverse camera......ummmm....nope

It'll need the expected normal suspension stuff, I say DO IT

Awesome colour by the way!

Umm yeh. I want one of those period correct Contintental BT units in it. None of that modern blah blah  and maybe a CD player! Retro 😂

Yeh rang Buiks and he was awesome  the escrow thing not a fan of but they’ll give me a good report with photos etc 

4 minutes ago, amanda said:

period correct Contintental BT

Your choice...however, I was a fan of the double din when I had mine and found the camera a blessing!

Sorry if my post came accross wrong - I was trying to say factory units they are not :) 

Good luck - it's always exciting when the trigger finger is hovering!!

12 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Your choice...however, I was a fan of the double din when I had mine and found the camera a blessing!

Sorry if my post came accross wrong - I was trying to say factory units they are not :) 

Good luck - it's always exciting when the trigger finger is hovering!!

There’s no doubt they come in handy and if I end up w a car that has one fitted well, I’d probably leave it. But I couldn’t see myself installing one personally. 

my DD has all the mod cons. You get very used to them. 

Hi @amanda,

I enquired on this one a couple of weeks ago, seems a good car and I too liked the colour and options. Seller was very forthcoming, he owns it with his business partner I believe.

I decided to not progress on the basis that I really want a coupe, noting though the price differential between a cab and coupe.

Hope it works out for you, would love to see it in Melbourne!

1 hour ago, amanda said:

have I missed anything?

In addition to the above^^, I would be asking the seller for proof of the IMS retrofit or solution, if its LN Engineering, each kit has a unique serial number... I would really want to see evidence of that since you'd assume there is some "premium" associated with already having this installed, ensure you're getting what you are paying for since its a circa $5k job. 

Buik or Porsche Centre Adelaide for the PPI would cover off most of the above checks in addition to their condition & mechanical report... I don't think you need to ask them, nor is it really appropriate to have them financially involved in the transaction, but by all means they would most likely be comfortable being the intermediate to hold the car for you during due diligence and settlement... I've done it many times, and as recently as October, provided everyone is clear about what is going on, these things usually go smoothly.  

So if you really like the car, and feel its been represented to you correctly, I'd be inclined to make a deal with the seller in principle with a deposit to secure it and remove it from the market, conditional to the car being free of any major defects.. if it checks out in PPI, you proceed and settle and that is that, it can only fall over if he has not disclosed things to you (knowingly or not). So he has "everything" on the line to ensure full & frank disclosure. 

That Viola Cab is RAD... I love that colour combo, you can be assured there isn't many like it out there!  I wouldn't dilly, dally! Good luck!! 

44 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Hi @amanda,

I enquired on this one a couple of weeks ago, seems a good car and I too liked the colour and options. Seller was very forthcoming, he owns it with his business partner I believe.

I decided to not progress on the basis that I really want a coupe, noting though the price differential between a cab and coupe.

Hope it works out for you, would love to see it in Melbourne!

Yes he said most interest has come from interstate. 

41 minutes ago, edgy said:

In addition to the above^^, I would be asking the seller for proof of the IMS retrofit or solution, if its LN Engineering, each kit has a unique serial number... I would really want to see evidence of that since you'd assume there is some "premium" associated with already having this installed, ensure you're getting what you are paying for since its a circa $5k job. 

Buik or Porsche Centre Adelaide for the PPI would cover off most of the above checks in addition to their condition & mechanical report... I don't think you need to ask them, nor is it really appropriate to have them financially involved in the transaction, but by all means they would most likely be comfortable being the intermediate to hold the car for you during due diligence and settlement... I've done it many times, and as recently as October, provided everyone is clear about what is going on, these things usually go smoothly.  

So if you really like the car, and feel its been represented to you correctly, I'd be inclined to make a deal with the seller in principle with a deposit to secure it and remove it from the market, conditional to the car being free of any major defects.. if it checks out in PPI, you proceed and settle and that is that, it can only fall over if he has not disclosed things to you (knowingly or not). So he has "everything" on the line to ensure full & frank disclosure. 

That Viola Cab is RAD... I love that colour combo, you can be assured there isn't many like it out there!  I wouldn't dilly, dally! Good luck!! 

It’s actually Vesuvius grey metallic not Viola. Once I googled it realized the color was wrong. Seller knows too he just forgot to update it. It’s still very unique. 
 The receipt doesn’t state which ims bearing it had fitted  I could ring the place that fitted it and ask  it was fitted in 2012  From my knowledge it will require replacement at some point  Every 80k they are supposed to last  

I have secured it with a deposit and it’s going for PPI next Monday. I have seen all receipts for work mentioned. Books complete. Have photos of everything. Seller seems a real nice guy and he bought the car sight unseen from Sydney - so he gets the difficulty with remoteness and is hapay to work with me. 

so far so good!

I also rang the Syd dealer with the 50k Arctic silver on savannah. That car has very little in way of receipts to show prior work. Has a 2 to 3 yr gap in history where the car sat unused in garage as part of a deceased estate. Then a collector bought it, took it to Autohaus and had it checked out. It’s also a nice car on paper but this manual cab feels too good to let go! 

im sooooo excited!

1 hour ago, D2000 said:

@amanda, I reckon if you asked nicely, Radelaide's resident tyrekicker/ test driver @LeeM might be able to have a look at it for you as an adjunct to a PPI at Buiks or PCA if he has time

3 hours ago, amanda said:

Yes he said most interest has come from interstate. 

It’s actually Vesuvius grey metallic not Viola. Once I googled it realized the color was wrong. Seller knows too he just forgot to update it. It’s still very unique. 
 The receipt doesn’t state which ims bearing it had fitted  I could ring the place that fitted it and ask  it was fitted in 2012  From my knowledge it will require replacement at some point  Every 80k they are supposed to last  

I have secured it with a deposit and it’s going for PPI next Monday. I have seen all receipts for work mentioned. Books complete. Have photos of everything. Seller seems a real nice guy and he bought the car sight unseen from Sydney - so he gets the difficulty with remoteness and is hapay to work with me. 

so far so good!

I also rang the Syd dealer with the 50k Arctic silver on savannah. That car has very little in way of receipts to show prior work. Has a 2 to 3 yr gap in history where the car sat unused in garage as part of a deceased estate. Then a collector bought it, took it to Autohaus and had it checked out. It’s also a nice car on paper but this manual cab feels too good to let go! 

im sooooo excited!

awesome news Amanda, hope it all works out in the PPI.  I had that one flagged on my watch list but the artic silver in my state and the new price was too hard to walk past. I am loving it already.....

On the head unit, the PO had a old 2 din installed in my 996 which i have decided to update to a newer Pioneer with carplay for nav and add the camera as its the only way my partner can reverse 😉. I have the period correct Continental in my SC which i like, and looks the part and gives bluetooth streaming and phone.  Mate just purchased a 993 and had the new retro Blaupunkt unit installed, whilst more expensive, I think its more period correct for a 996 than a Conti and looks and sounds great IMO.

Look forward to hearing its on the truck