Wanted! 996 911 in Melbourne Coupe or Cab Auto or Manual

withers

On 08/12/2020 at 21:01, Prodigy said:

Congrats Amanda, hopefully the PPI comes back all good, loving the colour, have never seen one that colour before.

Have owned my 996 cab for a few months now, they are truly a fun drive, you will love it.

Hey @amanda assuming from your Insta feed the 996 cab is a done deal???? Is it with you yet?

7 hours ago, amanda said:

not quite there - having PPI on Monday :)   and then have to pay for it and book it onto a truck..  thinking enclosed truck as they get very dirty on the open ones.  

Good move. Dropped into a mates panel shop this week to organize sorting a couple of things on mine. Had a 997 that was transported on a multi vehicle truck and was under a car with leaking oil, stuffed paint and sunroof. Single car transport a must

10 hours ago, Tips said:

Good move. Dropped into a mates panel shop this week to organize sorting a couple of things on mine. Had a 997 that was transported on a multi vehicle truck and was under a car with leaking oil, stuffed paint and sunroof. Single car transport a must

OMG the horror!  I wonder how hard it is to get these carriers to repair cars damaged under their care?

The seller of the Cab bought it from Sydney sight unseen, so he knows what its like to buy them this way.  He said when he bought it the seller filmed the car going on the truck so could clearly see the condtion.  He will do that for me (hopefully!) if I buy it :P  

Any good gospel yet Amanda?

BTW If you want a great personalised transport option, talk to Adam https://www.velocest.com.au he is a real stand up guy that will take care of your car, more $$ than the likes of CEVA? Sure, but IMO totally worth it in the grand scheme if you dont mind stumping up a bit extra for the door to door enclosed service. 

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Any good gospel yet Amanda?

BTW If you want a great personalised transport option, talk to Adam https://www.velocest.com.au he is a real stand up guy that will take care of your car, more $$ than the likes of CEVA? Sure, but IMO totally worth it in the grand scheme if you dont mind stumping up a bit extra for the door to door enclosed service. 

At this stage I’m still looking for a 996!

Although the seller has asked me to call him so maybe some negotiation to be had. 

1 hour ago, amanda said:

At this stage I’m still looking for a 996!

Although the seller has asked me to call him so maybe some negotiation to be had. 

So what are you trying to cryptically say?? ... PPI turned up some nasties??

More deets please ..

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

So what are you trying to cryptically say?? ... PPI turned up some nasties??

More deets please ..

No nasties! Just a small things that all add up  plus being in another state just makes those little things accumulate into more $ getting the car home 

plus I’m all thumbs and a dud at my own maintenance! 

35 minutes ago, amanda said:

No nasties! Just a small things that all add up  plus being in another state just makes those little things accumulate into more $ getting the car home 

PPIs will always suggest above and beyond things that must be done, some things can generally be done as improvements over time.

So have you bought it then?

58 minutes ago, amanda said:

Hi Amanda, I’m in Adelaide and have had a 996 convertible. If you want a second look to see if the small things are in fact small, I’ve got the time atm. Steve.

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Hi Amanda, I’m in Adelaide and have had a 996 convertible. If you want a second look to see if the small things are in fact small, I’ve got the time atm. Steve.

Hey Steve

the car is at Buiks and will be staying there as I have now bought it! 

if you wanna swing by for a sticky beak I’d love that! 

3 hours ago, crsedge said:

PPIs will always suggest above and beyond things that must be done, some things can generally be done as improvements over time.

So have you bought it then?

I have now - seller came to the party re my offer. 

Seller is very time poor so that has helped seal the deal. Buiks have been fantastic to deal with. They will keep the car, doing the major service and once ready truck will collect it from them and deliver to me! 

16 minutes ago, amanda said:

the car is at Buiks and will be staying there as I have now bought it! 

Congrats!!!!  You will enjoy being back in a P car very much!!!!

Better factor in a trip to Luftwasser 2021 in Albury / Wodonga March Long Weekend!!!

Good on you Amanda, if Buiks gave it the all clear you should be ok.

I have used them for annual services on my 911s for over 5 years.

I've meet the new manager Ben on my last service this year and know him from Porsche Adelaide. 

Neil also came over so i hear.

Might just have a nosey. Any excuse!

4 hours ago, sjm said:

Good on you Amanda, if Buiks gave it the all clear you should be ok.

I have used them for annual services on my 911s for over 5 years.

I've meet the new manager Ben on my last service this year and know him from Porsche Adelaide. 

Neil also came over so i hear.

Might just have a nosey. Any excuse!

Cool. Neal is who I’ve been dealing with. He’s fantastic. 

yeh swing by and tell them Amanda told you it was there.  Take a photo!!

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Congrats!!!!  You will enjoy being back in a P car very much!!!!

Better factor in a trip to Luftwasser 2021 in Albury / Wodonga March Long Weekend!!!

Sounds good!

Hi Amanda, dropped into Buiks, had a chat with Neil and he showed me around your NEW Car!

Its a good looking 996, that colour will look amazing with a polish and detail (a bit dusty atm)

I saw a couple of minor paintless repairable dents ( i just had some similar removed from my 997 for $80) and hope they let you know about them.

Driver seat bolster could use a bit of  colour dye, fairly minor, i did my 996 myself but an upholsterer wouldn't charge too much i think.

You've done well. Didn't take a photo sorry, although i see many fun miles/km ahead.

cheers Steve

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Hi Amanda, dropped into Buiks, had a chat with Neil and he showed me around your NEW Car!

Its a good looking 996, that colour will look amazing with a polish and detail (a bit dusty atm)

I saw a couple of minor paintless repairable dents ( i just had some similar removed from my 997 for $80) and hope they let you know about them.

Driver seat bolster could use a bit of  colour dye, fairly minor, i did my 996 myself but an upholsterer wouldn't charge too much i think.

You've done well. Didn't take a photo sorry, although i see many fun miles/km ahead.

cheers Steve

Thank you so much!

yes I know about the dents and the seat bolster. All good! I paid $40k for it ;)  so I have room in budget to sort those things out. Rear wheels also have some gutter rash too.  Missing vanity mirror door, gear surround worn plastic, broken hinge on console lid. All minor things that don’t matter. 

plus a list of mechanical things 

Everything on the list is minor.  Just that they all add up. Neal and I will go through the list and prioritize the work needed. I want it so I can drive in and out for a RWC. Then off to get her it registered. I’ve got the Euro plates from my old MINI ready to go!!

so excited!!

18 minutes ago, amanda said:

gear surround worn plastic

Congrats on the car Amanda the 996 is a great car especially the 6 speed. I enjoyed driving mine around immensely. Since you are doing some repairs/minor cosmetic changes I would highly recommend the B & M short shifter. It made the gear changes so precise and quick. Only down side was getting it into reverse was a bit stiffer, otherwise the best upgrade I did on mine. 

Also welcome back ;) Any new watches in your collection? 

https://www.supertweaks.com/porsche/porsche-short-shift-kits/porsche-carrera-996-bm-short-shifter-quickshift