Searching for my car's sales history

AC78

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, but i'm interested in tracking down the sales history of my 79SC - where was it purchased, what options were chosen by the orignal buyer, price and date  of sale etc.  I know Porsche keep pretty good records of all their cars, but would they send me copies of this info if I requested it? (I did speak to Porsche Melbourne before I bought it to confirm it was Australian delivered). 

My other option is to write to the original owner - his address is in the owners manual - but as the car was bought over 30 years ago i'm not sure how successful i'll be.

Apart from the lack of purchasing information the car has superb history and documentation, so i'm very keen to complete the story.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Alex

You can contact Porsche Australia, Jason Pascoe is the chap you'll need to speak to and he will give you the original options and delivery details from the VIN and Engine #'s.

You may be able to contact the original owner, however he/she may have moved address or even passed away :unsure:

Can you obtain some information from who you bought the ar from? and endeavour to search history from both ends (ie: start and then most recent owner...)

Local Porsche club may be able to give you some hints as well...

Thanks Wasser - I think i'll write to the person at Porsche you mentioned and get them to send me the sales info.  Upon closer inspection of the previous owner details, it was first purchased by a hotel company in SA which no longer exists.  The guy I got it off gave me everything he had, including some old photos and plates.

It's a distinct colour so I might also contact Porsche Club SA to see if they know anything about it.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Alex that you?

I wrote to Jason when i found the 65 '12. Got the info back promptly. Car was tourist delivered by John acton, prue actons father. Spoke to the family about the car still hoping to get one pics of it back in the day

I walked into Porsche centre Brisbane on a quiet Saturday, and asked if they had any info on the car - they helpfully printed out the details as it was ordered including all the accessories and the specification it was in as delivered!

Thanks all, wrote to Porsche and they sent me a certificate with all the details.

The next step will be to try and contact the original owner and see if I can get some early pictures.

I'd like to know also why he sold the car - he owned it for the first 20 years!

- Alex

• 1 year later...

I missed out on buying that car, twice!

I remember showing my wife a photo of it back in 2005, she loved it! Didn't have my finances sorted and missed out then.

It came back on to the market around the time I bought my C2, I enquired after it too late and it was gone again.

Ice green metallic on chocolate, yum...

I missed out on buying that car, twice!

I remember showing my wife a photo of it back in 2005, she loved it! Didn't have my finances sorted and missed out then.

It came back on to the market around the time I bought my C2, I enquired after it too late and it was gone again.

Ice green metallic on chocolate, yum...

Thanks to Uncle, I emailed previous owner this arvo.

F3nr - colour is actually Lindgrun, or light green metallic. It was for sale for a while before I bought it as the pics were pretty bad and colour is not to everybody's tastes. Lucky I did as if I think I bought the last 'cheap' SC in the country! It's been a fantastic car and could never afford similar one today.

There is actually another Lindgren Porsche, a 930, in Canberra, but I can't get the guy out for love nor money, tragic really.

Peter,

I had the same.  When I last managed to contact him in June and he said said he was going overseas for 6 weeks and haven't managed to get a response since?  Hope he hasn't followed Delorean's footsteps and been busted for drug running as I'm waiting for my COA's too!  

Thanks to Uncle I managed to talk to two previous owners of my SC today, one from the 90s and one from early noughties. Both were very interested to hear the car is alive and well and, most importantly, original and loved.

Both were more than owners, they were loving enthusiasts. So I guess the cliche is true - we don't actually own these cars, we merely look after them for the next generation.

Both were more than owners, they were loving enthusiasts. So I guess the cliche is true - we don't actually own these cars, we merely look after them for the next generation.

Well said! I have always believed that I'm the current caretaker of this one...

(Even if care taking means driving the chops off of it.....)

And now to get ultra ultra pedantic, the car was sold by Chateau motors in SA, a dealer long since gone. Was thinking I'd love to get a replica Chateau sticker for the back window. If anybody knows what they looked like hit me up!

Alex

Alex

If you have any luck with the Chateau Motors sticker Id love to get one for my 993 RSCS, which was delivered by Chateau Motors to the first owner, a David Eckert. Im told he moved back to the UK and sold the car after 6 months.

Second owner as it turns out was another SA fellow by the name of Kevin Weeks.....

Archived