Exhaust mod

WazzaG

2 hours ago, tomo said:

The blurb  on your reciept they fitted a custom exhaust  muffler.Proberly something similer to the fister mod for a cayman .

you find on ebay , either from China or US. $350 -$1000 . Fabspeed , and other suppliers. With no other exhaust mods you get a slightly gruntier sound. If its lots louder , most likely cat back modified as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 550Spyder said:

Anyone had the carnewal mod done by Autohaus? Has anyone confirmed they are actually doing them or local pricing?

I got a quote and confirmed they are undertaking the work. $968.00 plus transport. I have not got around to doing it :(

Edited by Grimmy
typo (thanks auto correct) :)

Grimmy, assume that is the mod done on your exhaust on a post to them basis?

Very keen to get some feedback on a DFI car with no cats in the exhaust as to if it makes a noticeable difference. I was tossing up to do the exhaust or to do the extractors / cat instead. Please let us know how you get on.

Carnewal exhaust do a exchange system , eg you send them your stock exhaust and they send you one of their modified GT systems .

The Carnewal exhaust mods require opening up the original can and modifying the muffler internals for more flow and less restriction etc , looks like you got their tail pipe piece also ..

http://www.carnewal.com/products/981/p81001/981-Carnewal-GT-Exhaust

On 17/07/2021 at 23:27, 550Spyder said:

Grimmy, assume that is the mod done on your exhaust on a post to them basis?

Very keen to get some feedback on a DFI car with no cats in the exhaust as to if it makes a noticeable difference. I was tossing up to do the exhaust or to do the extractors / cat instead. Please let us know how you get on.

Yes correct, remove send to them and they perform the mod. 
Gert (in Belgium) provides the exhaust in three ways:

1. outright purchase
  2. exchange
  3. Send to him and he performs mod and returns.

The third option was the only one from auto hous at the time of my enquiry.

For those who have had the Carnewal exhaust done - I'm interested to hear your views. When I go to move the car on (not for a while yet!), could you get away with it sounding somewhat like a stock exhaust sound at idle and low revs, or is it instantly obvious that the car exhaust has been fettled with?

I like the sound, but its hard to gauge the sound level in a through YouTube and how that translates to a real life scenario.

Hi All,

I rang Hamilton’s a while back, mine is apparently the Carnewal style modification. At startup in the garage it is noticeably louder with a few pops and crackles while the fast idle is on. Once warmed up it’s quieter and not really noticeable. If you put your foot into it above 4000rpm it sounds louder than my mates stock 987.2 exhaust system. Nil drone or issues. I personally would rather a little more exhaust noise and may consider some sports headers with higher flow 200 cell cats to compliment the muffler modification. Hope this helps.

The next time I take it out I’ll get a sound clip, but as stated previously it’s really hard to gauge unless you are there in person as it depends on mic location and surroundings as to the sound you get.

not sure if Carnewal does different stages, but my version is looouuud. My 987 got  the cat back Carnewal , sick loud when you kick up the revs, in  traffic not too offensive , if you are gentle on the revs. No drone , no issues , welded separate twin pipes { one per side} , as well. I don't think , I would pass a RW test, that's why i bought the exhaust outright and stored the original .