Wakefield Park Requesting Support

Carrera28

https://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/support-for-wakefield-park-da/:

SUPPORT FOR WAKEFIELD PARK DA

Wakefield Park Raceway have received information regarding the determination for our Development Application which was submitted late last year.

In the DA it included upgrades to infrastructure, ongoing uses of other venue offerings and ongoing use of the site for motorsport activities including implementation of a noise management and mitigation framework.

Wakefield Park have now received formal communication that an extraordinary meeting will be held in the Council Chambers on Tuesday, 22 June 2021 at 6pm. 184 – 194 Bourke Street, Goulburn to determine the DA.

Advice from the Planning Department to the councillors is to refuse the DA. Largely based on noise and social impacts issues. We strongly believe that our DA covers these issues fully and appropriately and are both surprised and disappointed that the planning department have determined to recommend that councillors refuse the DA. We strongly refute claims that the DA doesn’t address the issue of noise.

This meeting will provide a public forum for which councillors will hear from people who have nominated themselves to speak about Wakefield Park’s DA.

We encourage a show of support by Wakefield Park by either attending the meeting in person, signing the attached petition or even better, both.

Wakefield Park will continue to press on to ensure it is viable and continue to provide the significant economic and community benefits that we are long recognised for providing to the Goulburn community.

Having worked alongside Goulburn Mulwaree council since 2019 on this issue. We hope that we can have approval so we can continue to attract events and support our community.

We thank everyone for their support.

Regards

Dean Chapman

Wakefield Park Management

Link to the petition:

http://chng.it/mcrG5ZHkHR

From my understanding Wakefield Park has been involved with a troublesome council member who purchased a neighbouring farm  and has been pushing his agenda and weight around in Goulburn Council giving the track owners grief for some time now regarding noise limits , I truly hope they get this through and can do the upgrade work that they want to do ..

I now I spend money in the local community when I go down there and stay at Trapper motel over night and eat at local restaurants and Trapper pie shop ,I am certain many others do the same all of this supporting local business and bringing money into the local community , the track brings money into Goulburn the council needs to support that  ..

My 2c

We are down there a bit & my take on it is that there are less than ten (and potentially less than 5) neighbours who are at the root of the problem. Some of them live further than 5km from the track, in one case close to 10km.  Wakefield has spent at least a year (that I"m aware of) running DB tests on cars, installing sound meters, putting in remediation measures and holding roundtable talks with the individuals.  They've done as much as they can do to be good neighbours other than closing the doors.  Only one of the neighbours has been there as long as the track (& was happy until recently).  The rest are relatively recent arrivals.  The DA has little to do with noise (it's largely a pit lane building program) but obviously, without development and better facilities, the track will be less viable.  You couldn't get more 'away' from things than 20min from Goulburn.  If it's not ok to have a track there then I have to wonder where on earth could it be ok...

40 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

You couldn't get more 'away' from things than 20min from Goulburn.  If it's not ok to have a track there then I have to wonder where on earth could it be ok...

This is happening time after time to our tracks.  You can see why developers and investors see motor racing as a huge investment risk...

But Newcastle, Townsville and other urban V8 Supercar events demonstrate how nimbys are easily shut down by government when there are dollars to be made.

5 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

But Newcastle, Townsville and other urban V8 Supercar events demonstrate how nimbys are easily shut down by government when there are dollars to be made.

Unless you're the SA government. They're only too happy to shut down any motorsport event deeming it 'not financially viable', and replace it with another f!@#$*g arty gathering of vegan, moccasin wearing, drug f'd jugglers or 'musicians'.

The mayor has proposed 75 days per year of track operation, 162 days per year at 75 - 83 db (toilet flush level), 50 days at 83 - 85 db (toilet flush with a cough) and the other days at 0 db.

So basically.....75 days per year when cars can drive on the track.  He has pitched this as a 'compromise' solution.  Logic being that the 5 - 8 unhappy residents/people will not like it...the track will not like it so therefore it's fair.  Ridiculous logic.  I'd like to buy a gt3rs for 150k.....which is a price both I and the owner would be unhappy with...any takers?

75 days per year 20km from nearest town, 2 hrs to nearest city....on a purpose built racetrack.