New member introduction

Hey all, I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Dave and currently own an MY19 991.2 911 GT3 RS which I bought new around 2 years ago. It's my second Porsche (my first was an MY16 981 Cayman GT4). Looking forward to reading some good posts about Porsches.

NTH02002.jpg

IMG_1470m.jpg

IMG_1563m.jpg

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Welcome to the fold from a recent joiner too. Nice toys 👍🏿  

Thanks mate. To be honest, the Panigale V4R scares me a bit, 234hp with the racing exhaust and 165kg dry… all I’ll say is thank goodness for the anti wheelie and traction control electronics. The GT3 RS is the safe option 😂

10 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Thanks mate. To be honest, the Panigale V4R scares me a bit, 234hp with the racing exhaust and 165kg dry… all I’ll say is thank goodness for the anti wheelie and traction control electronics. The GT3 RS is the safe option 😂

Interesting comment. I’m allowed to have pretty much any car - but bikes have been largely ruled out by the boss. I did try and even started to get a bike licence but then the rule became I had to buy 2 matching ones (mine and hers) and the whole topic got too hard as parents! Ironically we now road cycle together. 

9 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Interesting comment. I’m allowed to have pretty much any car - but bikes have been largely ruled out by the boss. I did try and even started to get a bike licence but then the rule became I had to buy 2 matching ones (mine and hers) and the whole topic got too hard as parents! Ironically we now road cycle together. 

I’ve had a number of motorbikes over the past 28 years. The V4R is frankly the silliest road bike I’ve ever owned. The power is too much for the road, and for my skills too much for the track (I have level 2 California Superbike School training). That said the electronics really do reign in the insanity and help with rideability 😁

The traffic light GP is fun thought, dial up the revs, drop the clutch and go! F me it’s quick.

27 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Thanks mate. To be honest, the Panigale V4R scares me a bit, 234hp with the racing exhaust and 165kg dry… 

234 and 165? Cheesus!! 😲

Having not raced for 14-15 years, those sorta numbers were only dreamed of on road bikes

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

234 and 165? Cheesus!! 😲

Having not raced for 14-15 years, those sorta numbers were only dreamed of on road bikes

IIRC the V4R is a road bike based on MotoGP bikes from a number of years (around 5-6 years?) ago. It is, after all, a homologation bike for World Superbike Racing! 😁 definitely stupid fast for the road.