Cancel Porsche Extended Warranty

P-Kay

I appreciate this is not the normal type of question, but I was curious whether anybody has any experience with this process?

I have read the brochure and it states cancellation for a failure with the service. I find myself wanting a prorated refund, therefore by definition there is nothing faulty.

The US websites seem to imply it is allowed. Can it be done here?  

My understanding is that extended warranty is transferable via a private sale but is not transferable if you sell or trade via a dealer. I previously traded a MY 2012 with the bulk of an extended warranty still valid but didn’t get any compensation/refund. I just took a 4 year extended warranty on my current car so I guess it’s a keeper at the moment.

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

I am trading the car in and essentially want a refund of the balance.

Why would .Porsche feel obliged to refund due to change of mind?

You’re not trading in to a Porsche dealer?

This is one for @Skidmarks

11 hours ago, KGB said:

Why would .Porsche feel obliged to refund due to change of mind?

Yeah, that's essentially what I am trying to overcome, however if you don't ask......

Also, you are correct regarding trading into a non Porsche dealer, therefore the warranty is wasted :( 

Had I only extended for the year, I would suck it up. The fact that I extended for two, is the whole reason for the post :) 

11 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Yeah, that's essentially what I am trying to overcome, however if you don't ask......

Also, you are correct regarding trading into a non Porsche dealer, therefore the warranty is wasted :( 

Had I only extended for the year, I would suck it up. The fact that I extended for two, is the whole reason for the post :) 

I’d start negotiating on a new Porsche…..😉
I just bought a 4 year warranty, 40% discount on 1 year x 4 price.  
Yours would have been 10-20% discounted for 2 years? 

15 hours ago, luzzo said:

Any update on the outcome @P-Kay..?

Just to close this thread out.

My service adviser requested my bank details, so Porsche Cars Australia has come to the party. We will see what type of reimbursement I will receive as the term covered was approximately 6 months. Either way, a good excuse to purchase a factory car cover ;)

I suspect having a good rapport with my service adviser along with my 'moaning' email was enough to have them plead my case with head office?