Knocking noise from Engine - 911SC

TheBaywatchKid

Hi Friends. I had Autohaus do a Major service on my car last year, and have just booked in for another. Was accelerating past someone yesterday and all of a sudden the engine started making a knocking noise. Took a short video, anyone have any ideas what it could be? 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

If you can reach it easily, CAREFULLY put your hand over the area when it's running to see if you can feel the leak. 

(disclaimer. No responsibility taken if you burn ya hand!)

You can also use a sort piece of garden hose to your ear. It is surprisingly effective ;)

6 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I reckon you've blown out a couple of the exhaust port plugs that are used to fill the holes, when the air injection system is removed. 

Thanks Mike! Mine is an 82, so I think it should have the 02 sensor rather than the air injection, but Im probably wrong!

Hi @Mike D'Silva, thanks for following up!

So i sent the video to Autohaus, and they did seem to think exhaust leak as well. But the soonest they can take it is feb 3rd 😅

They also said not to drive it, and send it to them on a truck. So I'll give it a little inspection myself at the weekend, but if you have any other advice I'd love to hear it. You're a wizard on aircooled!