Macan Transfer case

42 South

We have noticed some binding and jerkiness when reversing the Macan and an overseas search notes that Porsche UK has extended the warranty to 7 years because of a baffle design fault with the unit.

Has anyone had similar problems with the transfer case and has Porsche Australia extended the warranty for this component?

I've not had personal experience with Macan, but I do know Porsche Australia has extended Warranty just for the transfer case replacement on some Macan and Cayenne. They have apparently based it on VIN ranges that they deem have been affected, some extended to 5 years, 7 yrs and also 10 yrs. 

Just need to check with Dealer. 

The transfer case issue is common but believe it or not just changing the oil in it will fix it right up. Porsche says it never has to be changed, but we know that is not the case. Happened to a mates Cayenne and it was really bad, jumping and jerking at low speeds. Changed the oil with the correct stuff and it was back to perfect. My Macan would seem to jerk a bit when it was cold at near full lock (like pulling out of the driveway). I changed the oil, now it is smooth. 

Mate in Syd has the same issues initially PCW changed the computer and the second time the transfer case was changed.  He had jerkiness then couldn’t select certain gears such as reverse. I think his is a my2016 model petrol S.

that said never had an issue in 3 years of ownership with my 2014 Macan S

7 minutes ago, MFX said:

What ever you do, change the oil first. MUCH cheaper than a whole new transfer case, so worth a try (it works).

Mmm, my Touareg has started getting a bit jumpy when taking off.  Presume same basic box as Cayenne etc, might have to try that too........

On 19/06/2022 at 13:58, luzzo said:

I've not had personal experience with Macan, but I do know Porsche Australia has extended Warranty just for the transfer case replacement on some Macan and Cayenne. They have apparently based it on VIN ranges that they deem have been affected, some extended to 5 years, 7 yrs and also 10 yrs. 

Just need to check with Dealer. 

Spoke with the dealer and provided the VIN and it is booked in to be checked and it seems it might be covered - some of the early transfer boxes don't have an internal baffle which was added to later models.

• 9 months later...