FS 2007 997.1 GT3 -SOLD

Wow, looks fantastic, yes, colour just amazing. GLWS. !

Just now, DM911 said:

Wow, looks fantastic, yes, colour just amazing. GLWS. !

If I am in the market, I would definitely pick this one over the other half a dozen, with few extra $ spare to install CS seats. !😉

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with others saying the colour is amazing. I wanted a speed yellow Porsche when I was looking last year - very hard and rare to find. Want I want to know is if people agree that the "louder" colour cars look so great and amazing, how come most people choose, Black, White, Silver and Grey when they buy new? It doesn't make sense to me...

52 minutes ago, Sabotage said:

I agree with others saying the colour is amazing. I wanted a speed yellow Porsche when I was looking last year - very hard and rare to find. Want I want to know is if people agree that the "louder" colour cars look so great and amazing, how come most people choose, Black, White, Silver and Grey when they buy new? It doesn't make sense to me...

Because they look amazing when other people own them. Re sale on a "louder" coloured car is smaller market and white is awesome 

4 hours ago, Sabotage said:

In my case when I bought my car new the options for 'loud' were Racing Yellow, and Miami. I specified Miami, and changed it at the 11th hour to Jet Black Metallic when I finally saw a Miami 911 in the flesh and didn't like it. I didn't go with Racing Yellow as I already had a Speed Yellow 911 in the garage.

All other available colours were some variation of silver, white, red, or black. These were the colours available:

NCO: Black, White, Guards, Racing Yellow

Metallic: Jet Black, Agate Grey, Carrara White, GT Silver

Special ($8k option): Miami, Crayon, Carmine Red, Lava Orange

2 x Black, 2 x Red, 2 x White, 3 x Grey/Silver, Yellow, Greeny Blue, Shit Orange.

The reason you only ever see drab colours is cause Porsche will stack the deck with Black, White, and Silver/Grey colours pushing people to pony up for PTS, and the vast majority don't. Lets face it, $21k for a flat paint from Porsche's back catalogue is a complete rip off.

4 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Because they look amazing when other people own them. Re sale on a "louder" coloured car is smaller market and white is awesome 

Is it really that hard to sell the nice colours though? When they pop up they seem to sell very quickly. It seems like an urban myth to me.

38 minutes ago, sleazius said:

In my case when I bought my car new the options for 'loud' were Racing Yellow, and Miami. I specified Miami, and changed it at the 11th hour to Jet Black Metallic when I finally saw a Miami 911 in the flesh and didn't like it. I didn't go with Racing Yellow as I already had a Speed Yellow 911 in the garage.

All other available colours were some variation of silver, white, red, or black. These were the colours available:

NCO: Black, White, Guards, Racing Yellow

Metallic: Jet Black, Agate Grey, Carrara White, GT Silver

Special ($8k option): Miami, Crayon, Carmine Red, Lava Orange

2 x Black, 2 x Red, 2 x White, 3 x Grey/Silver, Yellow, Greeny Blue, Shit Orange.

The reason you only ever see drab colours is cause Porsche will stack the deck with Black, White, and Silver/Grey colours pushing people to pony up for PTS, and the vast majority don't. Lets face it, $21k for a flat paint from Porsche's back catalogue is a complete rip off.

Yeah I suppose it is a rip, and not that I've been in a position to be able to buy a brand new Porsche, but I'm honestly surprised that the people that can wouldn't pay the money to get the absolute car of their dreams. I like to think I would, especially that $8K Lava Orange colour - yummy!

3 hours ago, Sabotage said:

Yeah I suppose it is a rip, and not that I've been in a position to be able to buy a brand new Porsche, but I'm honestly surprised that the people that can wouldn't pay the money to get the absolute car of their dreams. I like to think I would, especially that $8K Lava Orange colour - yummy!

There were $60k in options on my car, where do you stop?

49 minutes ago, sleazius said:

There were $60k in options on my car, where do you stop?

I figure if I can upgrade my headlights for $6500 I can get the car in the colour I want for the extra if loud was my deal . I stopped at $45K far out you ticked some boxes . 

I used the term "loud" just to get the discussion going. I'm not a big "look at me" person, I primarily like speed yellow because when I see the colour, it looks like brightness and happiness to me. It looks like fun. It makes me happy. All lovely bright colours do. Black and white simply don't evoke the same response from me.

• 2 weeks later...