PCCM+ for 997.1 Melb Installer Recommendations

Rerve

Impatience got the best of me and I ordered the new PCCM+ unit for my 997.1 from France. 

Does anyone have an installer they’d recommend? 

It’s available here (and oddly they seem to ship to Australia) if anyone else is keen:  https://www.boutiqueporschemontpellier.fr/produit/99764259000-porsche-classic-communication-management-pour-997-987-2-din-porsche/

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Watching with keen interest as I really want to add this to my 7.1 daily driver... also for any other interested parties, Sun Coast Porsche (US) are taking names for their wait list https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku997pccm.html

Worth noting that there are 2 versions of PCCM+. One is ‘US’ and the other of ‘Rest of World’.

So I’d be careful ordering from US if you’re in Aus.

I guess it has something to do with radio frequencies? 

I’ll come back and update once I get it all setup. 

52 minutes ago, Rerve said:

Worth noting that there are 2 versions of PCCM+. One is ‘US’ and the other of ‘Rest of World’.

So I’d be careful ordering from US if you’re in Aus.

I guess it has someone to do with radio frequencies? 

I’ll come back and update once I get it all setup. 

You're definitely right on that, these are the part #'s as posted on RL 

997.642.591.00 [USA] 

997.642.590.00 [ROW] 

I am guessing it is radio frequencies too? 

Please do keep us posted! :D 

Any updates? 

I have just my order in with PCSS parts, they are expecting stock in February, which suits me fine. 

This is the quoted prices 

• $2,900.83 - 99764259000 - Porsche Classic Communication
  • $196.77 - PCG64250200 - SD CARD

Also my contact at parts told me service dept. will be charging $1100 for the installation FWIW. 

Agree, just doesn’t look right. I’m happy to sacrifice wireless CarPlay for it fitting the design of the car. Design is what made the car cost a premium in the first place. Why scrimp on a part you’ll spend so much time looking at?

Mine arrived today and luckily my car was over at PCM getting new bumper stops. 

chucked it in an Uber and they installed this afternoon. Will report back once I pick it up tomorrow. 

Porsche got it in and partially working.

The unit looks great but they’ve messed up something relating to the radio antenna as I can’t get and DAB+ stations and FM cuts in and out.

Also they told me they didn’t hook up nav as I didn’t have an SD card and mentioned I’d be using Google maps. 

Pretty shit experience but like the unit.

Going back next week to get it sorted. 

D962A8A1-4CEE-4C7A-B084-B1F56036FAF9.jpeg

282F20D3-0FBC-40FE-9E0E-F13F0453EE3A.jpeg

A9422E52-9FB6-4D6D-B0D5-407FBB38C688.jpeg

567EDC7C-8AF3-4615-9C70-691BE10E6D18.jpeg

20 hours ago, edgy said:

Ok, I’ve seen that one on RL… it doesn’t quite cut the mustard IMO, the ideas good just not the final execution. 

Other than the buttons - i think it looks pretty darn close?

Better than an Alpine/Sony unit with no dials?

And has wireless CarPlay too? 

Someone would need to be the Guinea Pig i guess.... and actually hold it to see?

whatsapp_image_2022_11_04_at_11_56_21_am_5c137dc84a287ea7f5024f7142ba88a17af28747.jpeg

5 hours ago, Rerve said:

282F20D3-0FBC-40FE-9E0E-F13F0453EE3A.jpeg

That inbuilt trip functionality / integration is the good however!

Gotta say - still looks old fashioned to me. But maybe its the silver?

Hope they fix it up for you!

Greetings fellow Porsche folk - first time poster, 2005 C2

I also ordered mine today at the local Porsche Dealer in CBR - price as quoted above,

The chap mentioned some stock already in Aust so only a few weeks - we will see I guess

Will be installing myself as I fitted the MR 12Volt unit a few years back which has worked Ok for the most part

It is interesting Rerve has issues with the DAB+ - did they (Porsche) mount the new Amplifiers in the A pillar as in the Greens video? 

That looks the most complicated part of the process

Thank's Rerve, looking at your bits left over,

Top left 2nd DAB amplifier? (Greens they installed both), Top Right, GPS amplifier not used as no SD card ordered?

Then, Most bypass cable for internal phone or CD changer, Black multiport adaptor not sure what that is for and finally an antenna adaptor or extender,

You mentioned taking it back in to solve the radio signal issues - can you ask why only 1 amplifier used? It may be an AUS thing compared to UK?

I would also recommend Matt from Automotive Installation in Moorabin.

There is a very informative YouTube on the installation from these guys in the UK.  Recommends where to put the new GPS etc..

looks like you need to order the European Model then add the Australian Navigation maps when available.  Please let us know how you get on.  Have been watching with interest and Porsche Melbourne not overwhelming with information.  

Suspect it’s cheaper to buy overseas then get installed here like you did

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FGwilpM3izM&feature=share

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Carrera_01 said:

Did the radio issues get sorted when you returned it to Porsche? 

Yep, they’ve installed it properly and radio is working fine now. 

I have noticed people are struggling to hear me on phone calls though. Not sure where they put the mic but it isn’t on the steering wheel column like others I’ve seen. Will have to test more and might chase them up again.