Lewis Hamilton has his say about Mercedes

tomo

21 hours ago, hugh said:

For what it’s worth, I think Lewis is brilliant. Takes more than just a fast car to win championships at that level and he has one of the best minds/approach in the business. 

He will go down in history as one of the greatest and rightly so IMO. 

Like many others who've commented, I used to think that Lewis is a w4nker.  But then, something happened to change my mind. 

I listened to his interviews and that did not influence me.  At all.

Listen to interviews with those who work with him, now or in the past.  They all sing from the same songsheet.

As for the fiasco that was the last race 2021, "Hamilton and Max Verstappen went into the final race level on points, however with the seven-time champion leading the race late on behind a safety car, he was ultimately beaten to the line on the final lap after Michael Masi allowed only lapped cars between the two to un-lap themselves."

2 hours ago, sydr said:

Like many others who've commented, I used to think that Lewis is a w4nker.  But then, something happened to change my mind. 

I listened to his interviews and that did not influence me.  At all.

Listen to interviews with those who work with him, now or in the past.  They all sing from the same songsheet.

As for the fiasco that was the last race 2021, "Hamilton and Max Verstappen went into the final race level on points, however with the seven-time champion leading the race late on behind a safety car, he was ultimately beaten to the line on the final lap after Michael Masi allowed only lapped cars between the two to un-lap themselves."

I'm not a fan of LH or MV for that matter.  In 2021 everyone knew going into the final race that shenanigans wouldn't be tolerated by Max punting Lewis off the track and that everything would be done to ensure the F1 Drivers Championship was settled on track whilst "racing".  I'm satisfied with the limited unlapping that went on and for Mercedes to cry foul over it is just sour grapes that they cocked it up.  Mercedes had far & away the fastest car on the day but gave up pitting twice for new tyres to "protect" their lead.  Max got it done on a 3-stop vs a 1-stop for LH.  Mercedes negative strategy cost LH the title.  Max got lucky with the "racing first" edict that Masi upheld (to his detriment).

At the end of the day, Racing was the winner.  It wouldn't be F1 without controversy, crashes, strategy, driver skill and grumpy team principals :) 

3 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

I'm not a fan of LH or MV for that matter.  In 2021 everyone knew going into the final race that shenanigans wouldn't be tolerated by Max punting Lewis off the track and that everything would be done to ensure the F1 Drivers Championship was settled on track whilst "racing".  I'm satisfied with the limited unlapping that went on and for Mercedes to cry foul over it is just sour grapes that they cocked it up.  Mercedes had far & away the fastest car on the day but gave up pitting twice for new tyres to "protect" their lead.  Max got it done on a 3-stop vs a 1-stop for LH.  Mercedes negative strategy cost LH the title.  Max got lucky with the "racing first" edict that Masi upheld (to his detriment).

At the end of the day, Racing was the winner.  It wouldn't be F1 without controversy, crashes, strategy, driver skill and grumpy team principals :) 

I agree. It was an unfortunate turn of events, but I think Masey's decision, though controversial, made it an exciting race. It would have royally sucked if the world championship was decided under safety car.