Lewis Hamilton has his say about Mercedes

tomo

Oh boo hoo. Just about every other car started the year porpoising so he's no orphan. He's just lucky that in the previous years the car was so far better than anything on the grid. 

He's not that much better than most drivers on the grid ( although to be fair he is about 1000 times better than me ).

The petulant little boy is having a sook.

You can tell i'm a fan of LH..........................................................NOT!!!

Wait for it, here they come, wait, wait...................the LH fanboys are baying for my blood.

As much as I mostly agree there @3legs @TwoHeadsTas he does have a point.

Personal traits aside and yes he's had far superior cars to win all of his titles, yet he's also good at setting up a car with many years experience.

I reckon it's more just Mercedes being pig headed saying "You vill drive zee car ve give you, ve von't be changing our design, and you vill be quiet...but go out and win please!"

They should just hand Verstappen and Red Bull the trophies now, as it's pretty obvious it's a foregone conclusion who will be winning again...and again...and again...

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

As much as I mostly agree there @3legs @TwoHeadsTas he does have a point.

Personal traits aside and yes he's had far superior cars to win all of his titles, yet he's also good at setting up a car with many years experience.

I reckon it's more just Mercedes being pig headed saying "You vill drive zee car ve give you, ve von't be changing our design, and you vill be quiet...but go out and win please!"

They should just hand Verstappen and Red Bull the trophies now, as it's pretty obvious it's a foregone conclusion who will be winning again...and again...and again...

download.jpeg.30272b33d2d12d9914aebd55ad577456.jpeg

Tend to agree @LeeM … they had a car last year that “apparently” generates ‘massive’ downforce, but only if it’s run super close to the ground, causing the porpoising issues in the real world.

Really does sound like they should have abandoned the whole concept and started again but they’ve tried to cling onto it, maybe out of pride or ego, while Aston just copied the Red Bull, which everyone gave them shit for, and look at them now!

Re: Lewis himself, find me an F1 driver who isn’t a massive sook when they’re not winning. Max is even worse 🤣

@JWM Yes to all of that 👍

To me, F1 is a farcical wealth driven comedy show driven by power hungry, childish team bosses and drivers who thrive on the "he said, she said" bullshit, and if anyone has seen Drive To Survive you should already know that.

All top end motorsport is not even worth watching when you probably know what the results will be, which is why I usually just watch the first few laps waiting for something exciting to happen. 

Haven't bothered follwing F1 closely since it went hybrid. It has always been a procession of sorts, you pretty much knew one of two teams would win it prior to the race unless it rained or something.

Lewis has always been a plonker. From his earliest days in the sport when I was still following it. From what I've seen Max isn't any better, and is a literal petulant child. Stick them all in identical cars and lets see who wins.

10 hours ago, JWM said:

Tend to agree @LeeM … they had a car last year that “apparently” generates ‘massive’ downforce, but only if it’s run super close to the ground, causing the porpoising issues in the real world.

Really does sound like they should have abandoned the whole concept and started again but they’ve tried to cling onto it, maybe out of pride or ego, while Aston just copied the Red Bull, which everyone gave them shit for, and look at them now!

Re: Lewis himself, find me an F1 driver who isn’t a massive sook when they’re not winning. Max is even worse 🤣

I think the main reason they don't start over is that they can't afford to with the cost cap. If they had to start again from scratch they would more than likely be at the back of the grid. Lewis did well because Mercedes had the biggest budget for years. Now the playing field is more even the tables are turning. 

I am not a fan of Lewis and to me he is not the GOAT many think he is, but all of the top drivers need that 'go for it or crash trying' edge or they will never be the best. That is why I think Leclere is a great driver, but I don't think he has that edge to ever become world champ.

16 minutes ago, MFX said:

I think the main reason they don't start over is that they can't afford to with the cost cap. If they had to start again from scratch they would more than likely be at the back of the grid. Lewis did well because Mercedes had the biggest budget for years. Now the playing field is more even the tables are turning. 

I am not a fan of Lewis and to me he is not the GOAT many think he is, but all of the top drivers need that 'go for it or crash trying' edge or they will never be the best. That is why I think Leclere is a great driver, but I don't think he has that edge to ever become world champ.

Plus part of the 'cost cap' is a restriction on wind tunnel hours which are not just restricted but there is a success penalty which means that Mercedes AMG because they came third have less hours available to them then Aston Martin who came 7th in in 2022.  A blank sheet of paper design would require significant dollars and aero hours they don't have which would impact the development of their 2024 car.  Delivering a slow car in 2024 could see Lewis retire and the Mercedes board may decide to reduce budget, particularly when Mercedes know that Porsche's engine will be coming in the back of a Toro Rosso and a Williams to kick everyone's butt 😉😆🤪

In the past when a team has designed a bad car they have sometimes been able to use the previous year's car with some upgrades but for Mercedes the 2022 car was not a good car so that is not really an option.

In terms of GOAT I think you only have to watch the opening laps of the 1993 European Grand Prix to see who the GOAT is, at least of the modern post 1980 era. 

If pushed I would probably say the GOAT can be broken into three eras and are Fangio 1950 - 1960, Jim Clark 1960 - 1980 and Ayrton Senna 1980 - today. 

2 hours ago, MFX said:

That is why I think Leclere is a great driver, but I don't think he has that edge to ever become world champ.

Agreed. Leclerc has the ability and tenacity for sure to prove he's a good driver, yet he's also shown lapses in concentration whilst leading races and blown it. That considered, and being in a Ferrari there's no chance he'll be world champ. I reckon he'll go to Red Bull in the near future, as Horner has sung his praises before, and Perez is basically just there as Max's wingman.

One thing I'd love to see, is Ricciardo in Perez' car to see what he can do after the McLaren debacle, as I don't think he's done as a driver just yet.

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Agreed. Leclerc has the ability and tenacity for sure to prove he's a good driver, yet he's also shown lapses in concentration whilst leading races and blown it. That considered, and being in a Ferrari there's no chance he'll be world champ. I reckon he'll go to Red Bull in the near future, as Horner has sung his praises before, and Perez is basically just there as Max's wingman.

One thing I'd love to see, is Ricciardo in Perez' car to see what he can do after the McLaren debacle, as I don't think he's done as a driver just yet.

Ricciardo's down fall , Drinking piss

out of a shoe WTF.

images.jpeg.691a5c1e434762d0e81acb3756e49cbe.jpeg

17 hours ago, LeeM said:

I actually think Perez is the best wing man for Verstappen. I don't think it helps a team to have 2 top drivers, as they end up taking points off of each other. A number 1 and a number 2 seems to be the best way to win championships. 

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

Love to see an Aussie get up , but I can help think of him as a less grumpy smiling Nick Kyrgios.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Jeez...that tennis flog is nowhere near being in the same league as Dan personality wise

Nope not at all, I likeDR just a lot of excuses for not winning.

Yes I know his  Mclarens were shit.