911sc Odometer repairs Melbourne

Davis

I have a 1980 911sc with an odometer that has stopped working, does anyone have any recommendations (in Melbourne) on who could possibly repair...I see it's a fairly common issue with a small gear that fails. I did a google which showed up Howards speedo repairs however the reviews were horrendous. Anyone else?

2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Ringwood Speedo service

Their reviews may not be much better but they know their stuff and did a good job for me several years back.

There won't be any blue ribbon customer service but you should get quality work if they are still going.

37 minutes ago, icu_jimmy said:

Highly recommended - did my 964 and did a great job.

I have to agree, they do a great job and have the gears in stock. Turn around is 1 or 2 days. Note: if you have a 993 take and give them a photo of the needle in the rest position, it makes calibration easy.

You could try Peter @Auto & Marine Instruments in Bricker St Cheltenham.  0418 557 340

A ripper bloke and VDO repairer. He fixed the odometer on my Speedo a few years back and does a quick job (1 week or less)  and has all the right gear to remove the bezel without damage. I had him clean the tacho as well at a different time and it come up as new. A VW and Porsche guy so he will take good care.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I ended up going with Big Dav's suggesting of Peter @ Auto & Marine as they were just around the corner. Dropped it in Thursday morning and was ready Tuesday the next week. So happy that I was able to go local. Peter did a great job and as I said it was ready in a few days. 

If anyone needs their Odometer fixed or any gauge for that matter I can recommend taking it to Peter @ Auto and Marine, Cheltenham Vic. 0418 557 340

On 01/06/2023 at 17:16, Davis said:

Dropped it in Thursday morning and was ready Tuesday the next week. So happy that I was able to go local.

I'm glad you had a good experience too! You know it's going to be good when he says he hates having stuff hanging around and just wants to get it done.

During Covid lockdown in 2020 I posted him my tacho for cleaning and he had it back to me via post within 7 days and just sent me an invoice with it to pay. No mucking around and very trusting.  I would recommend him to anyone interstate who wanted anything done via mail as he's knowledgable, quick and very fair on price. 

• 6 months later...