Buying a UK Delivered (G series) 911 in Australia, Pros & Cons?

Jason Bruce

30 minutes ago, Jason Bruce said:

Hi There PFA!

I am looking at buying a G series 911 and would greatly appreciate some guidance and views on purchasing one that was originally delivered in the UK, do's/don't, pros/cons?

Cheers

Jason

So it's in OZ now,?  If so service records is what matters along with a PPI .

Eyes open. If the condition is good then go for it.  Price will be less than Oz delivery - just keep in mind that will still apply when you go to sell. 

Ps. A lot of UK cars don’t have air con.  Expensive-ish to add if it is important to you and a turn off for some buyers when you go to sell without it. 

You always hear people say cars from the UK are prone to rust due to the salt on the roads so get it up on a hoist and have a good look underneath it. I had a UK delivered 930, no rust at all and I’d happily buy another UK car as they are so much more affordable. 

Same as the above comments, buy on condition and history. I’ve seen rusty Oz delivered cars almost as often as rusty U.K. delivered cars.

Also, absolute must is to run the vin through one of the hpi checker websites, carvertical is a good one, find out whether it’s been an insurance writeoff and if so, what category. There’s a couple of U.K. delivered 911’s on Carsales at the moment with insurance markers on them. One’s relatively minor, but the other was a break only category flood damaged car, shouldn’t ever have been put back on the road. It’s had one hell of a cleanup done.

8 hours ago, Mike-S said:

Also, absolute must is to run the vin through one of the hpi checker websites, carvertical is a good one, find out whether it’s been an insurance writeoff and if so, what category. There’s a couple of U.K. delivered 911’s on Carsales at the moment with insurance markers on them. One’s relatively minor, but the other was a break only category flood damaged car, shouldn’t ever have been put back on the road. It’s had one hell of a cleanup done.

Good. Advice. 

Ive got a uk 993 c4 already in Oz when i bought it. The ppi guy came out firing, the first thing he said was " Its a UK car !!!!!!", i said " yeah i know". he took me around the car in a very critical manner and eventually asked what i was paying. From that point on his attitude changed. After pointing out a few rusty screws the worst i got was , " services may take longer if its hard to get bolts out and the suspension needed adjusting. Besides that it looked like a 993, drove like a 993, sounded like a 993, smelt like a 993, i love it and all i can say is keep bagging uk imports because it makes them a great buy. Do your research and dodge the bad ones by getting them checked out. Be prepared to walk away as there are good ones out there.20231026_194637.thumb.jpg.7a262b25f19eadf4acd9b00c250fd1ed.jpg

23 hours ago, Jason Bruce said:

Ha! Thanks!!

23 hours ago, WOKA said:

Typo for sure

Do your research and dodge the bad ones by getting them checked out.

Sorry, fixed now. Them....it did sound very technical. I think the point is if you want a car for enjoying and driving etc just find a car you like and dont worry about the tags, labels etc. Just get it checked out. Theyll all most likely need something that the previous owner tolerated that you cant.