Russ, I'm thinking that even though I will allow various people to post items for sale that have little or no intention of actually participating in the conversational structure of the forum..... At least there is a common thread present, that of PORSCHE STUFF!!!

A server? Other stuff?!

Try eBay! ;)

LMAO!

Kerry

thanks Kerry, point taken

on another form i'm on theres a "her items for sale and wanted" section.. I find it easier to sell things through those sorts of places than ebay.

but that said it's a bit more locked down until you can post (you need to have a certain number of posts)

• 4 months later...

No its locked down unless you PAY money! matters not whether you converse,

If you want to put forth a topic for discussion and wish to post a photo of your project larger than a pinky nail

you cant unless you PAY,

And if your a non PAYING member your the last to be enlightened

IF you want to sell here you pay for that privilege, 

Smells like Ebay

No its locked down unless you PAY money! matters not whether you converse,

If you want to put forth a topic for discussion and wish to post a photo of your project larger than a pinky nail

you cant unless you PAY,

And if your a non PAYING member your the last to be enlightened

IF you want to sell here you pay for that privilege, 

Smells like Ebay

Wow, I guess someone's a little miffed.

Firstly you can post as many full sizes photos as you want. You will need to use something like Photobucket, which by the way is FREE, to store your photos in. Most web sites work in the same way. http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/forum/79-adding-images-and-videos/

Secondly, one of the reasons that you need to be a "Financial Member" to sell is because of the amount of people who would become members merely to sell goods. They made no other contribution to the forum in terms of posts or interaction.

Sometimes you've got to pay to play!

However you can play as much as you want here for free, as long as you don't need to list stuff for sale. Now what is so unfair about that?

Someone sounds grumpy, when Russ posted this back in April there was no paid memberships and it did matter how many posts he had. As for posting photos every member paid or not uses a third party image hoster such as photobucket or flickr because having the bandwidth to host everyones images on a small privately run forum would cost way too much beer money.

• 5 months later...

Archived