My Turbo & EFI Conversion

This is definately not a 'how to' but more an experiment for myself to see if I could do it. Electrical work is not for me. So this was a big learning curve. 

Here's my playlist for how I went about it. I'm not a youtuber.. so don't expect fancy videos with clever intros, big personalities and lots of click-bait!

The peanut gallery will be quick to chime in why stuff won't work.. but so far... it does :)

It's meant as a work in progress.  The engine is stock and has not been rebuilt recently. Once I lock in my conversion, then I'll rebuild it for more reliability and power, but for now, I wanted to experience the conversion. 

Massive thanks to Rama from Racehead Engineering in Sydney. https://racehead.com.au/ Seriously would not have been able to do this without his guidance (he has the patience of a saint!)

If you like the vids, then please 'like' them. In fact, even if you don't like the vids, consider giving me a "pity like"... ;)

ps - there is something wrong with my camera.. it seems to make me look a lot balder than my mirror suggests....

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

This is definately not a 'how to' but more an experiment for myself to see if I could do it. Electrical work is not for me. So this was a big learning curve. 

Here's my playlist for how I went about it. I'm not a youtuber.. so don't expect fancy videos with clever intros, big personalities and lots of click-bait!

The peanut gallery will be quick to chime in why stuff won't work.. but so far... it does :)

It's meant as a work in progress.  The engine is stock and has not been rebuilt recently. Once I lock in my conversion, then I'll rebuild it for more reliability and power, but for now, I wanted to experience the conversion. 

Massive thanks to Rama from Racehead Engineering in Sydney. https://racehead.com.au/ Seriously would not have been able to do this without his guidance (he has the patience of a saint!)

If you like the vids, then please 'like' them. In fact, even if you don't like the vids, consider giving me a "pity like"... ;)

ps - there is something wrong with my camera.. it seems to make me look a lot balder than my mirror suggests....

Good stuff Mike, My mirror does the same thing 😉

16 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I think at low boost levels, and a little common sense, it should be ok?

Guess you’ll find out. But yeah limiting torque and harsh events will certainly be a good place to start. Billet side cover?

On 14/03/2024 at 17:46, mbj said:

Great stuff Mike. I really like that you’re prepared to give it a crack and see how you go (which is pretty good BTW)!

Appreciate the compliment! Can't believe I waited so long to get it done. Took for a drive yesterday doing some logging and just enjoying the boost, even though it is a very low level.