URGENT HELP! Porsche 911 993 and 996 Advice

Hi Porsche Owners ! 

I have a 993 series Porsche, however it has a fair bit of work to do in order to get it on the road and looking good, and I've been looking for wrecked 'donor' 911's and I have seemed to come across a large number of 996's hence why I just wanted to ask if parts off a 996 will fit on my 993, whether that be the interior, engine, bodywork and subframe/chassis ? If anyone has any input into this it would be much appreciated as I don't want to put my money behind something that won't even fit my car. 

Cheers !

Nothing will transfer over as the 996 was a completely new 911. The standard models have a M96 watercooled flat six in them which dramatically differs from the Mezger six (air cooled) in your 993.

To do a 993 justice it is best to source OEM parts from places like Pelican Parts in the USA.

This is a far cheaper option than buying from your local porsche centre; same parts, just 1/3 the price. Simples.

What exactly is wrong with your 993?

Nothing will transfer over as the 996 was a completely new 911. The standard models have a M96 watercooled flat six in them which dramatically differs from the Mezger six (air cooled) in your 993.

To do a 993 justice it is best to source OEM parts from places like Pelican Parts in the USA.

This is a far cheaper option than buying from your local porsche centre; same parts, just 1/3 the price. Simples.

What exactly is wrong with your 993?

Wasser, you are a gentleman and have given sound advice and prompted the poster for more information, where I got a little cheeky.

Of course we need to know what is wrong, but if the original poster has a 993 and has been looking for wrecked donor 911s I would imagine he/she would have at least some knowledge on these cars to take on what could be a challenging task.

So I can't quite believe the poster as being serious, and if that is indeed a serious question then I suggest that the poster reconsider the challenge ahead. However I may have misinterpreted things and indeed the poster has put their hand out looking for assistance.

Depending on what is wrong Mickey there are lots of avenues available. There may be the odd wreck available or a very high mileage car at the right price, or maybe a US import brought over not to be registered. The US cars can be a bargain at times.

The 993 is a gem of a car but you also need to be careful not to over-capitalise.

Please lay out a list of issues you need to deal with and I'm certain good advice will be forthcoming.

Archived