PCV @ Sandown

EB 986

After a break of non-events, we are finally lining up for Sandown on June 8 (Saturday).    I am always looking for volunteers for the marshalling team.   It gives you a chance to get up close and personal.    If anyone is interested in joining us, would you let me know please?

We are also having a double-header Winton/DECA on June 29 & 30.    Winton is a gorgeous track and fabulous setting.    Well worth the visit.    DECA is held on the training grounds at Shepparton and consists of short track sprints and patterns on the skid pan.     It provides some excitement especially with the head-to-head runs.     Come and cheer for your favorite driver.    Come and join us.

Once again, anyone interested in volunteering can contact me through this site or the PCV site.   I will be away competing for the last half of May (leaving OH to fur-sit) but will respond as soon as I can.

Nick, best thing to do is click on the PCV site and register your interest.

Not sure if you need to be a PCV member to be a marshall.

I will be at Sandown for a look.  :)

Hi Nick,  That would be great.   Contact me at  marshalls@pcv.com.au please.     

Vas, you do not need to be a member and we appreciate any help we can get.    It's another way to see what happens at a comp. too and decide if you want to 'track' your car.

R

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decisions, decisions!!!!!!!!

Theo, they also have driver training on the Friday if you want some track time with an instructor - thinking about doing it myself.

Theo, they also have driver training on the Friday if you want some track time with an instructor - thinking about doing it myself.

I'm doing the training day as well.  A few track days last year made me realise I need it!

Do it guys.

Sandown is a great track and the friday with instructors is a great way to get comfy.

I just wish PCV had a class for cars like mine.

Let me know if you are going and I will come down and cheer you on. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thinking about doing the Friday practice sessions (if I haven't sold the car by then!). I just can't bare looking at her sitting the garage, nice and clean waiting for a buyer, without jumping it and having some fun!

Would be great to catch up as well!

Mike

thinking about doing the Friday practice sessions (if I haven't sold the car by then!). I just can't bare looking at her sitting the garage, nice and clean waiting for a buyer, without jumping it and having some fun!

Would be great to catch up as well!

Mike

One last fling , eh? Too hard to resist.

Hope to see you there, Mike.

Hi,

Email keeps bouncing back, another email address?

Sorry Nik .... I've been in Sydney competing for the last two weeks.      Try this link... http://cms.porsche-clubs.com/PorscheClubs/pc_victoria/pc_main.nsf/web/3389F35347B01E82C1257AD1001710A7  then click the email link ......   otherwise, can you PM me?

I survived the torrent!

Recce lap was a waste of time as I couldn't see thru the misted up windscreen. Gotta love old 911's for that.

After a delayed start while the cars with road tyres conga lined to clear the water we got stuck in. Track dried pretty well except for a couple of places. Learned a heap about my driving and my car.

Back again tomorrow. :)

.........yes gotta love a 37yo car. Half way through my first lap in the pouring rain my wiper blade decided the disconnect.

Then appears that a seal has given way and I was starting to drip some oil. Called it day after a few laps so didn't destroy someone else's.

Well done Harv...great feeling when you learn more about your car and improve driving technique.

Would have popped down tomorrow, but heading into the country for a couple of days.

Mike

Archived