PCNSW - are there many members here?

Well I'll have to think about it as I'm moving out of NSW at the end of the year, so when I figure out what state I wanna mess up I'll probably join then.... still reckon there needs to be a National Porsche Club membership.

Good comment; right on the mark.

I only spent up on my engine rebuild because after 29 years of track days the old thing was getting rather rattly.  Even though it had been down on power for years, I still had fun.  When it got too asthmatic, I had AHaus increase my rev limit so that I could squeeze it a bit harder, and still enjoyed my supersprints just as much without spending other than on tyres.

The Motorkhana days are good fun, cheap, very sociable, easy on the car and a great way to learn to understand its dynamics.  On the skid pan at the race track formerly known as Eastern Creek so you don't shred too much rubber.  Challenging and yet quite safe.

Note: Syd's car also sounds like a GT3 so I can understand why he still gets some kicks out of the old Girl!  :D

Good comment; right on the mark.

I only spent up on my engine rebuild because after 29 years of track days the old thing was getting rather rattly.  Even though it had been down on power for years, I still had fun.  When it got too asthmatic, I had AHaus increase my rev limit so that I could squeeze it a bit harder, and still enjoyed my supersprints just as much without spending other than on tyres.

One good thing about being a member of the Tas club is getting to read other clubmagazines - I thoroughly enjoyed the story of your 29 years - and the moment you decided to rebuild! Another lesson that these cars are designed to be driven hard , and will last for many years. You would not regret one cent of what you've spent , given the smiles per mile!

If you are a PC member and have a CAMS licence(even a LS2), don't forget to mention this to your insurance company.

The discount I got was more than the cost of a CAMS licence and PCV membership. Not a bad deal.

Just a thought.  :)

Note: Syd's car also sounds like a GT3 so I can understand why he still gets some kicks out of the old Girl!  :D

Should I be sad 'cos I can't hear what it sounds like from inside? 

Nah

But thanks for your kind words

One good thing about being a member of the Tas club is getting to read other clubmagazines - I thoroughly enjoyed the story of your 29 years - and the moment you decided to rebuild! Another lesson that these cars are designed to be driven hard , and will last for many years. You would not regret one cent of what you've spent , given the smiles per mile!

All the stuff in the article is true, I've had lots of fun over the years and have no regrets with spending up to 'modernise' - technology has come far and putting in some good stuff has made the car more tractable, it generates more torque,  etc etc all round better and easier to drive.  And it chucks good roostertails of flame on overrun - all good stuff that helps to keep me young at heart

See and hear Syd's car. Always been a sporting but fair driver from what I've witnessed in my time at the club. Best sounding 911 outside of a GT3 in the club I reckon. Looks great too. This is Syd in front of Tim Bickford's turbo body 911. 

• 1 month later...

If you are a PC member and have a CAMS licence(even a LS2), don't forget to mention this to your insurance company.

The discount I got was more than the cost of a CAMS licence and PCV membership. Not a bad deal.

Just a thought.  :)

hmm I'm a member I should tell my insurance company

Thanks

Who are you insured with?

Might be worth giving Shannan's a call and letting them know.

I went with Lumley special vehicles... I won't go in to detail with my efforts to get insured with Shannon's lol it was painful to say the least, I will try them again in a year or two! When time permits I will get my cams license and get out on the track... hopefully that helps the argument! 

Archived