77, 930 - Whats it worth?

vivid911

Been for sale for a very long time.

Must have EFI with that power.

I dont like it, but it may be worth a look if that is what you want.

If it does have 500hp (if) be prepaired for plenty of $ to keep it that way.

If you want something hot look for something with around 400hp.

Now I know what you want I will start looking. :)

Oh, and 18in wheels on a 930 is a bad idea.

And I like this bit.....................

"...............................please make sure you enough fianace to buy a classic Porche no test drive if really interested bring enough cash with you To Prove Geniume Buyer.

Spell check is your friend dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I like this bit.....................

"...............................please make sure you enough fianace to buy a classic Porche no test drive if really interested bring enough cash with you To Prove Geniume Buyer.

Spell check is your friend dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because the first thing i do before turning up at a complete strangers place is tell them I am bringing lots of cash.

I have the cash but I'm not giving it to someone as thick as a whale omelette...I call "scam"...

To a degree I understand the appeal of a turbo..and this is evident in Australian Porsche turbo prices.

Yes they are more powerful and not as many around, but a naturally aspirated engine is so much more pleasurable to drive.

I have the cash but I'm not giving it to someone as thick as a whale omelette...I call "scam"...

Fair is fair, but calling the guy names and suggesting he is running a scam is way over the top.

Poor form tazzie.  <_<

Fair is fair, but calling the guy names and suggesting he is running a scam is way over the top.

Poor form tazzie.  <_<

A spade is a spade , and a shovel is a shovel!

Probably a lot of drug money tied up in that car.

....................but a naturally aspirated engine is so much more pleasurable to drive.

Hi Norm,

Just wondering what you mean by pleasurable? From this thread you'll probably see I don't have a lot of experience in Porsche cars, so just wondering what sort of differences there would be.

I know there is a fairly nice 76 carrera http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-2137111/?Cr=7

Looks well maintained, but it has a few miles on it.

To turbo or not to turbo.... that is the question..?  Personally I would prefer a turbo. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Regs,

Scott

I know there is a fairly nice 76 carrera http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-2137111/?Cr=7

Its miles are excellent for the age of the car in my opinion. Less than 8,000km/year on average.

If you are interested in it speak to Mike the owner, also a PFA member. He has a copy of the PPI I had done on the car a little over a month ago, ticks all the boxes I just found one closer without the roll cage and sports seats in it. Mike does have budget pricing to take it all out as return the car to original as I had him option that up for me when I was looking at buying it.

To turbo or not to turbo.... that is the question..?  Personally I would prefer a turbo. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Regs,

Scott

I was faced with the same question a few months ago Scott. The budget played a large part for me. 80k min for a nice 930 vs 55-65k for a C3 or nice SC.

Hi Norm,

Just wondering what you mean by pleasurable? From this thread you'll probably see I don't have a lot of experience in Porsche cars, so just wondering what sort of differences there would be.

Regs,

Scott

Hi Scott,

By pleasurable, I mean they have a broader torque / power range, so you don't have to use huge revs to get the power.

As a couple of the other members have said, turbos have lag, which means you have to rev them higher to get the power and below this they can be quite flat.

I haven't driven an older Porsche turbo myself, but from everything that I've read, and because of the older technology, they have a low compression ratio; which means they will lack power before the boost comes on. When the boost does come on, well hang on!

Having said that, they do make a lot of power and this is very appealing! I personally like good mid range power and something that I can use and have fun with on a day to day basis without having to keep the revs up.

Modern day turbos are a different kettle of fish. With newer technology for ignition and injections systems and better designed cylinder heads, compression ratios are higher. Also the engine mapping and turbo design means lag has virtually been eliminated.

I hope this helps.

Norm

• 2 months later...

lag in early 930's ?????.

its a misconception!!!  (my opinon)

Threshold of the turbo i think is more important,

Drive the 930 on (threshold) and there is NO lag and NO wait time for the turbo to push your eyes back into their sockets..

1) drive on threshold

2) put foot down

3) minus 0.0001 sec later boosting at 1.0bar

4) clean seat

Lag? pfft

Archived