Drive a Porsche on your tablet or smartphone

Coastr

Caver I DL it for my android phone. Just search for sports car challenge.

I went to the itunes link and got the name and then searched on android to find it, so you're golden. No need to sell your soul to those Californian tricksters ;)

Keep walking into Apple's trap you devotees.....

If it ain't Android, I ain't going......!!!!

Sorry Caver but I'm more concerned with Google's world domination that Apple's!

Ha ha, well I love it. First time and I normally don't do games, and think it may while away a bit of time. Probably while waiting for my flight to Newcastle on Saturday.

My nice white cayman would have come back to the pits very very altered and bruised. But once I get the hang of it......

Thanks coaster.

There is an android version - sorry I forgot to copy that link. You should be able to find it though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah! another who see's the light.

When are these app suppliers going to wake up that Apple is on the way down and they better start thinking Android.

Even the ABC's Iview only works with Apple and yet Android is the dominant force these days.

WAKE UP!!

Remember the epic battle between VHS & Beta that Beta lost..

You could always tell the Beta customers in the back of the video shop.

They were the ones fighting over the last copy of " Walt Disney's Bambi"

Beta machine owners were left with a $900 digital clock.

Dave

When are these app suppliers going to wake up that Apple is on the way down

How so...? Last quarterly revenue ~$37B, for a profit of over $7B... 7 BILLION DOLLARS in a quarter... and they are actively paying that cash back into shareholders hands... so far that's over $36B to date. A company "on the way down" does not sit around and look at ways to hand out CASH. Also in the last quarter they sold over 33M iPhones and almost half that again with iPads. That's a lot of customers for these app developers... who to date have received (collectively!) over $10B... and half of that ($5B is you're keeping count) was in the last 12 months or so.

Certainly Android as a platform has kicked a lot of goals. But the story for developers is far less rosy. It's a massively fragmented platform that requires developers to write for specific devices in many cases as the vendors (i.e. Samsung and their ilk) are free to make changes to the platform at-will. And then testing is a joke - if an Android developer wants to ensure his (or her) shiny new app runs on every Android device out there how many devices does he need to buy? Thousands. So developers focus on the main ones, and leave the rest to luck. Then there's the story of software updates from Google. If your vendor chooses not to offer the latest ice-cream pudding or whatever then you are SOL. Apple is still providing updates to devices sold over 3 years ago. That's a compelling story for an app developer when contemplating where to invest their time.

How so...? Last quarterly revenue ~$37B, for a profit of over $7B... 7 BILLION DOLLARS in a quarter... and they are actively paying that cash back into shareholders hands... so far that's over $36B to date. A company "on the way down" does not sit around and look at ways to hand out CASH. Also in the last quarter they sold over 33M iPhones and almost half that again with iPads. That's a lot of customers for these app developers... who to date have received (collectively!) over $10B... and half of that ($5B is you're keeping count) was in the last 12 months or so.

Certainly Android as a platform has kicked a lot of goals. But the story for developers is far less rosy. It's a massively fragmented platform that requires developers to write for specific devices in many cases as the vendors (i.e. Samsung and their ilk) are free to make changes to the platform at-will. And then testing is a joke - if an Android developer wants to ensure his (or her) shiny new app runs on every Android device out there how many devices does he need to buy? Thousands. So developers focus on the main ones, and leave the rest to luck. Then there's the story of software updates from Google. If your vendor chooses not to offer the latest ice-cream pudding or whatever then you are SOL. Apple is still providing updates to devices sold over 3 years ago. That's a compelling story for an app developer when contemplating where to invest their time.

Jeez touchy

Ever heard  the word humour pocketscience.

You don't seriously think that I care that much about phone platforms.

I'll leave that to the geeks

There is more to life 

Dave

Jeez touchy

Ever heard  the word humour pocketscience.

You don't seriously think that I care that much about phone platforms.

I'll leave that to the geeks

There is more to life 

Dave

You lying Bastard Webber every time you come up you are trying to bring me over to the dark andriod side.it started with little jabs . where will it end

Not touchy, just fussy about facts. I also have a good grasp of humour when I see it, and when I don't. You made a claim without any evidence to back it up, I simply questioned that claim with some evidence. Your original post certainly sounded like you care some-what... exclamation marks and capitals letters speak volumes to that. As a point of reference... I used neither.  :D

Archived