Porsche Magazine Australia

Nice work

Are you going to be getting onto apples Newstand by any chance ?

Eventually, I guess. Seeing as this one's a freebie and we've put it together in our spare time (well, I finished it at 1am this morning...) don't expect it to be there tomorrow :lol:

Here's the link: http://porschemotoring.com/issues/ for viewing on PC / laptop / tablet.

For a PDF download we're going to upload it to another viewer, however it will only permit viewing on a PC / laptop so you'll need to view on one of those first to download the PDF.

I suggest having a look now via the PC / tablet friendly option above, and waiting a day for the other option to become available.

As a first issue I'll leave it up to you to decide what you think about it. :)

Hi Paul,

Congratulations. It looks great. just had a flick through and really looking forward to kicking back and having a proper read.

Something to be very proud of so well done to you all...

Cheers

Chris

Hi Paul,

Congratulations. It looks great. just had a flick through and really looking forward to kicking back and having a proper read.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers, but you know it didn't take too long for someone to find a major boo boo. I forgot to change the content page numbers (but what do you expect at 1am in the morning when I finished it) and... well, let's just say I forgot to include a 928 S4 trophy winner. Nothing personal - just forgot! Can't mention everyone, but I really should have mentioned this guy. Really sorry 'bout that! I had over 1000 pics to go through and the mind's a blur. Try and make it up in issue 2... :wub:

Hi Paul,

Cheers

Chris

+1. Great work Paul.

Congrats on the first issue! I had a quick flick through and it looks great. Looking forward on reading up on what I missed at rennsport. A big thumbs up for whoever did a PFA ad artwork!

Eventually, I guess. Seeing as this one's a freebie and we've put it together in our spare time (well, I finished it at 1am this morning...) don't expect it to be there tomorrow :lol:

well understood.! 

I do like having my subscriptions sycned to all devices and would gladly pay for an Aussie product! :) 

Gotta tell you that I've sorted the PDF download.

Go to the mag website and click on the Issues tab. Make sure you're on a PC - the part you need for downloads will not work on a tablet.

On the new page scroll down until you come to the joomag option (i.e. bypass the issuu moving mag).

Select to read the joomag version. Once opened you can download the PDF from there. issuu only permits 25 free downloads, whereas joomags are in for a shock! :lol:

Gotta tell you that I've sorted the PDF download.

Go to the mag website and click on the Issues tab. Make sure you're on a PC - the part you need for downloads will not work on a tablet.

On the new page scroll down until you come to the joomag option (i.e. bypass the issuu moving mag).

Select to read the joomag version. Once opened you can download the PDF from there. issuu only permits 25 free downloads, whereas joomags are in for a shock! :lol:

Great work! Downloading now. So are we going to see any PFA cars featured in the next issue? :D 

To read disconnected on a tablet you can always click the download link on a PC, copy the link it goes to @ joomag and then email that link to yourself and tap on it on your ipad/whatever.  Then if you have a reader like goodreader or similar you can save it in that and read offline to your hearts content :)

Great first mag too btw!!

Well... What a crazy 24 hours. What a crazy 48 hours! You see, just before PMA went live, so did our other mag Aircooled Classics - VW & Porsche, which took us completely by surprise. We'd changed app developers for AC-VW&P and with the old app developers we'd expect a 2 week wait after submission. This time we got 24 hours!

AC-VW&P is mostly a classic VW mag with a little (old and new) Porsche thrown in. It's very different to PMA in terms of design, content and size. If you're interested take a look at www.aircooledclassicsmagazine.com and view some content. The mag's only a few dollars to buy with its own app and it's huge compared to PMA! I design and edit that one and it's a lot of work.

PMA has definitely struck a chord - and the right one too. To give you an idea, we've had ideas and feedback from all over the world yesterday and this morning, but the key now is to build the mag up with a strong Australian footing. It is, after all, an Australian magazine.

Guys, I want to thank you all for your support, particularly Kerry, owner and admin dude / 'head honcho' at PFA who didn't know me from Adam when I first came on here. I can tell you now that I haven't been onto another forum anywhere on the planet to spruik the mag. I will, I'm sure, get around to it (in the name of business), but PFA feels like home and I want to cultivate that relationship with members and members' cars.

I'm based on the Sunshine Coast, QLD. about 100ks north of Brisbane in the village of Montville, about 30 mins from the coast. Clearly I don't get out much (LOL) so if you're handy with stringing sentences together and/or can use a camera in your free time, please don't hesitate to send me stuff to layout in future issues. Anyone local to me who wants to give me a passenger ride in something exotic I'd be delighted to accept (camera in hand) and promise to return the favour in my own semi-Outlaw 356 when it's roadworthy. I might even chuck you the keys.

The mag email address is pma@porschemotoring.com and if you could each send me a pic of your car and a little info I'll begin with a feature about PFA in issue 2.

Thanks guys,

Paul

this magazine is great! just the other day after reading one of my favourite free hobby magazines I was thinking that something similar could apply to Porsches

Great work Paul!

Great work Paul and was very happy to see the 924 article ;)

on page 60-61 you have a caption that says the red 928 S4 in back ground will be featured in a future article but the car in back ground is a red 944. I'd be happy to read an article on either car but just figured I'd point out the small error 

peace

Bugger. My eyesight is poor. I just used my general sense of direction (which is diabolical) to place myself in the grounds and thought it was the car in question. Oooops. :blink:

If you don't tell, I won't... Doh!

Anyway, thanks for the pat on the back. At least the 924 feature did it for you, which is brill.

this magazine is great! just the other day after reading one of my favourite free hobby magazines I was thinking that something similar could apply to Porsches

Great work Paul!

Clearly I was reading your mind. Or you were reading mine...

• 4 months later...

Archived