FS. Interesting 924 in Sydney

Just thought I would share after reading about the sale on RennList (since removed). I have no affiliation but figure he probably has no idea about this forum and maybe someone here would be interested. Looks like a much loved car with some unique stuff on it. If I was in a position to buy it, I would seriously consider it

Click here

peace

Cyberpunky

Not bad! I see he has gotten rid of the problem (mechanical fuel injection) Looks like it had been looked after. What id pay for it? 5k or less. Just because it's got the 4 stud hubs, no rear spoiler and i don't think it has a galvanised body either. 

It's just a shame you never get your money back on cars after modding them

Yes the 924 did come in 5 stud n/a with a spoiler and multi spoke 15" wheels. 

It would be a good run around. Someone after a good cheap porsche (need to start somewhere don't we all?) to drive every day or even join us on SMTs would enjoy it. The fact it's a very light car also with a manual steering rack too. 

You're welcome Gavin

As I said above I'd take her off your hands if I was flush but my baby is keeping me poor ATM lol

I'd love to hear all about her as it sounds like you have done a lot of work on her

BTW love the clear indicators you have fitted. Looks great on white

Thanks cyberpunky! I had no idea you guys existed over here! If anyone has any question about my 924 I'd be happy to answer them. If you want more pics I can do that too!

Cheers,

Gavin.

Post pics and a lot of details. Do it in the for sale section though. would love to see how the rest looks. 

Edit: Realised it's already here!

Not bad! I see he has gotten rid of the problem (mechanical fuel injection) Looks like it had been looked after. What id pay for it? 5k or less. Just because it's got the 4 stud hubs, no rear spoiler and i don't think it has a galvanised body either. 

It's just a shame you never get your money back on cars after modding them

Yes the 924 did come in 5 stud n/a with a spoiler and multi spoke 15" wheels. 

Hi Pauly

Actually K-jet is extremely reliable and  completely tuneable . Like any fuelling system they must be kept in good condition. All 924's had the galvanised body , My memory tells me everything Porsche from 76-77 was gal.

Thats a tidy 924

Yes I concur regarding K-Jet. The main reason for going EFI, other than "because I could", was that I had plans to install an SC-14 supercharger. But alas work commitments mean I simply don't have time for that much fun anymore. :( I sold the SC-14 the other day. The Megasquirt-III EFI is a wonderful piece of kit and I still remember the feeling when I turned it over the first time after the conversion - it started and idled right from first moment. Fun!

Oh and yes it is a gal body, like all 924's.

G.

I've got a bracket design somewhere for mounting the SC-14. It assumes you've done the EFI conversion to clear some space though! Getting a 944 coolant tank and a slimline (Davies Craig) radiator fan is a good idea too. You can see a nice SC-14 sized space where my pod filter currently sits (that was to be relocated in front of and below the coolant tank).

IMG_6195.jpg

G.

• 4 weeks later...

So my 924 is still for sale... the price has been slowly eroding the last couple of weeks. I had an offer from a wrecker on fleaBay this week, but I couldn't bring myself to sell her to someone who'd take her and tear her to bits...  :(

A young kid (OK, late teens I guess - do I sound old?) just came around and loved it, was ready to go, but then his father came over and said "you need to sell the other 3 cars at home first!". And that was that...

(sigh...)

If my 993 turns up before the 924 is gone I know who'll be in the garage and who won't! I also know who'll be in the dog-house...  :D

I've got a receipt of payment into my account for the 924. Looks like it's a done deal now. I will be picking up my 993 a few hours before the 924 drives away, so they'll get a little bit of time together.

Nice upgrade. Post a twin P pic for us all.

Archived