Real Racing 3

pocketscience

My fav driving game currently is RR3 on the iPad mini - it's not a balls-and-all simulation, but still a heck of a lot of fun, plus there's plenty of Porsches to choose from.

Oh, and it's free, and you can race your friends in what they call Time Shifted Multiplayer - great for when your friends are in different timezones etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/real-racing-3/id556164350?mt=8

Cheers,

I have wasted a lot of time on this in the last few weeks, great fun game. Love beating cars around Bathurst that should beat me in whatever I happen to be driving! Playing on iPad 2, no issues with battery or processor

yeah Bathurst is a lot of fun. Biggest gripe of the game is them putting out their hand for money all the time to avoid waiting for upgrades/service. I would rather pay for the game and not have all the waiting that can only be avoided by coughing up some coin. Once you get enough cars though it is just a matter of swapping cars till the good one comes back online

For those that didn't know Real Racing and Real Racing 2 came out of a game development house in Melbourne. They were acquired by EA and then put out RR3. Nice Aussie success story.

Yeah Bruce - you need a few cars, but once you have em the wait time isn't an issue. I've got 8 cars at the moment (3 Porsches!) and race each til they need a service. That's more than enough game time for me every few days.

I love racing around Bathurst, but that Melbourne track is rubbish, or maybe I'm rubbish - either way - we don't get on! :)

G.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night the app updated with the 50 Years Of Porsche series, one word, WOW! I love the newer, faster models but am also finding it fun to 'drive' the older, slower, ones as well. Different experience, seems to be quite a believable one.

• 1 month later...

So just to know how inadequate I am, what level are peeps at?

I still have not unlocked a P-Car yet :(

Pocketscience:  I didn't like the Melb track at all to start with, but once you get your braking points it's all good.

• 3 weeks later...

I have pretty much stopped playing RR3. One is the money thing that they seem to suck out of you to keep playing but more importantly it keeps crashing on my iPad 2. I have all the latest upgrades for everything and it seems that every time I go to race it closes the program and then I have to wait while it opens again. PITA. See how it goes when the new iPad Air arrives next week.

Never had a problem on android. I haven't spent any money on the game in about a month but last night I got impatient and VIP'ed a car lol I am still playing it everyday and up to 85 level fame and about half way through it. I am determined to get the 50th anniversary Porsche level. 

Archived