• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Only if he throws in the dart board.

Was a little worried, but once i read that it was "built by an engineer so should be no problems to finish off and register" I felt much more confident.

May be that was just the guy who built it's last name. Mr Geoff Engineer.

Geoff left school at the age of 9 to persue a life in the circus as a blind man act. It helped that Geoff was blind but the act didn't pull much of a crowd. In 1987 he tried his hand at automotive craftsmanship. He he started his master work of the 959 from what people had told him it looked like and feelng the lines of the car on the TV screen. His family didn't have the hart to tell him what his car looked like,they are just happy to have him back home in the shed.

Geoff Engineer. A great bloke but blind as a bat.

"Built by an Engineer" So was the Chernobyl power plant ,the Tacoma narrows bridge and who can forget that darling little pleasure craft the TITANIC 

You can't blame the engineers of the Tacoma bridge.... no one knew about vortex shedding back in those days.......   :-)

Sounds fair to me Mitch. Although everything about that car gives me the bad mojo feeling. You just know it only had an oil change when the oil light came on. Even then it was prolly just down to the local Datsun bloke for some GTX3..

Looked at this several times.

It would be over 80k landed here and, you could only import it(ie get import approval) if you could prove you had owned the car overseas for 12 months.

Once its 30 years old then its a different story.

Can't believe anyone from the UK hasn't bought it.

Has been on for some time now. What do you reckon the story is with the Greek flag in the interior shot?

Does that come with the car? 

Has been on for some time now. What do you reckon the story is with the Greek flag in the interior shot?

Does that come with the car? 

Its your car isn't Theo.

C'mon, hellenic pride, spill the beans.

Really don't understand the sellers position. Even if it is a factory 'special wishes' program car, its still an 82 SC and as such can only have a value of 38-45k.

Although they will consider a trade........2009 SS Commodore?

No, this is a scam. They don't even have the car. They requesta ddeposit to be sent to a fake escrow company which they control. You lose deposit and never see car.

I had someone claim they had a mate with a car like mine so he wanted one too.

He was overseas with the Australian Reserve in Afganistan helping rebuild so couldn't view the car.

Would take it at the price and arrange pickup ASAP, if I passed PayPal details.

When I asked a few simple (trick) questions on his mates car - all went "VVVERRRY QIIIIETTT" as Elmer Fudd would say.

Archived