Paintless Dent Repair-how it works.

Harvs11

These guys are modern day magicians.  I've had some dings taken out of my boot lid by a PDR guy.  There is absolutely no sign of where it was.  Great post Harvs!  Thanks.

I wish i knew about that technique before i tried to get a small ding out of my rear fender, looks like acne now :(

Watching the video doesn't make you an expert. 

A good mate of mine is a PDR guy and it still amazes me how it is done.

Suggest you call someone......maybe the fender can still be saved.

The same guy(Zac) has done all the work at both dealerships I have worked at and he is amazing. I first saw him work after we had a bunch of cars get some minor hail damage and was gob smacked by the results. At some point he is going to massage my car right. Anyway great video as I never had any idea how they did it even though Dad is a panel beater and have seen him work on proper dings many times

Watching the video doesn't make you an expert. 

A good mate of mine is a PDR guy and it still amazes me how it is done.

Suggest you call someone......maybe the fender can still be saved.

+1 

The video shows what a competent professional is capable of.   Don't practice on your pride and joy.

• 4 months later...

That's very cool. The SLK I bought had a bunch of door dents in it, maybe a dozen. I had them all removed and the car was transformed! Apparently the PDR guy swore his head off doing it as some of the marks were on the creases in the panels. Sounds like a tough job

I will not be attempting this any time soon!

I know a guy who does this sort of work. he got picked to work for Austin Martin in the UK. He actually made parts that are not available off the shelf that customers want by hand for the vanquish S. 

Takes some... A lot of skill.

I used a guy that was highly recommended recently to remove some tiny up dents in my bonnet and a small carpark dent in my right hand door.

He did a brilliant job removed all the dents without a trace.

PM me I'll pass on his details.

Kevin

Archived