Oh, this would be perfect if I could come at the interior....

Had a look at the 1985 white gold Carrera today.With much trepidation and after preparing myself for a similar reaction to when Fergus finds out the truth about Dil in THAT unforgettable scene in The Crying Game I opened the drivers door.Not bad at all and not weird like it looks in the photos.Took it for a drive and put a deposit on it. Probably pick it up next week after they have a chance to recover the steering wheel, replace the door rubbers, regas the AC and put a modern immobiliser in it.Ah well, my 993 aspirations will have to wait awhile...... :-)

Pete, that's awesome news!!! Glad someone from here bagged it. Just a beautiful car!

Gentlemen (plus BenC3!),

Thank you for your encouragement, much appreciated!

Hopefully catch up at a SMT in the near future.  (The 14th might be just a bit too soon for me considering I don't know when I pick it up yet!) 

Regards

Peter

The gearshift was fine.  The last manual car I drove often was about 30 years ago (Volvo 144!) so haven't been spoilt with slick shifting modern boxes so it felt very familiar. 

As for the suspension, it was quieter than I expected but can't say a lap of Dee Why is much of a test. 

That will have to wait until my first run up Thunderbolts Way and the Golden Highway!  

Archived