Oh, this would be perfect if I could come at the interior....

Can always change the interior, keeping the original in storage, then change back when you want to sell and the interior will look very tidy and original.

But it looks like you want a 964 or 993

If it was only the carpet and door liners, I think that maybe an option but it looks like absolutely everything is varying shades of brown.

Yeah ideally a 964 or 993 but a nice C3.2 or C3.o will grab my cash too.

I'll keep looking!  

If it had a pasha interior I would be driving it home right now!

Yeah, I get your point Amanda and like most of the period interiors but too much time in 70's Holdens has ruined my affections for browns and most tans.

Ticks a lot of boxes but the interior reminds me of my old WB Holden ute!

Might just have to take a long lunch this week to have a closer look though...

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/AGC-AD-14416051/?Cr=5&sdmvc=1

I've got a silver SC with brown interior.  There are black accents with all the handles, accessories, switches, steering wheel etc. You do become accustomed to it.  The photos can be deceptive.  It's actually quite a bit darker than the photos show.  You need to see the car in daylight.

Besides, if it's a good car, once you are on the road you won't care what the colour is. 

Biggest problem I could tell on that white 993 was the drivers-side check-strap is completely knackered - would need fixing right away - makes the most god-awful noise. Looks like it might have had a dodgy attempt at fixing previously. The rest of it seemed straight and clean - with the usual paint chips, small dings in the lower front section etc. Drives well, but didn't have the go of a C4 manual I tried recently - downside of the tip I guess - even starting in first it didn't have the same urgency as the manual. Even with the Stephen Wong chip in it... Originally sold in Perth, then migrated to Canberra for much of its life, then to Sydney in 2010 when Autohausz stamps started in the service history. The interior seemed clean with the usual patina for a car that age. The blue is a bit on the eyes, but worse in photos than in person.

Cheers,

There was one issue I missed reporting above, and that was the early signs of rust at the base of the windscreen on the passenger side. Quite common issue I hear but requires removal of windscreen to repair - which you'd want to do to avoid a most costly repair in the future. Rust never stops. The Autohausz guy didn't even know it was there.

Because of the relative rarity of good original condition 3.2's I would probably live with the interior or as others have said, change it and keep the original parts. Chances are if you do sell it down the track the next owner might keep the newer interior with the knowledge the parts are there if needed..

Just my two cents worth!

Looks like a very clean example.

I have the same baby shit brown interior in my SC, but with the matching leather seats! I think if the rest of the car checks out you'd be crazy to knock it back based on the interior colour. It's amazing what you get used to and what you come to love!

A check strap is $35 don't let it hold you back

Nope. It's not that simple unfortunately A buggered check-strap on a 993 is a serious issue. Door has to come off, a hole has to be cut to gain access and then welded back up, repainted etc etc... it'a right arse of a job. Hence why I mentioned it. I already knew the work required after previous reading on 993 faults, so when I reacted to the noise Scott went through the above list of work - completely reflecting what I'd read.

Had a look at the 1985 white gold Carrera today.

With much trepidation and after preparing myself for a similar reaction to when Fergus finds out the truth about Dil in THAT unforgettable scene in The Crying Game I opened the drivers door.

Not bad at all and not weird like it looks in the photos.

Took it for a drive and put a deposit on it. Probably pick it up next week after they have a chance to recover the steering wheel, replace the door rubbers, regas the AC and put a modern immobiliser in it.

Ah well, my 993 aspirations will have to wait awhile...... :-)

Archived