VIC Xmas Party 2013

Kerry

Great night, great company and great food.

Joined this forum back in April 2011 thinking I would chat to a few people over the net, learn a bit about my car and maybe go on the odd drive.

But instead, I find myself making friends, driving go karts and eating burgers at a XMAS party. Who would have expected that!!!!

Hugh, I tried to lose the 20kg which would put me in your weight class, but to be realistic, I wouldn't have the driving skills anyway.

As someone said earlier, you are a very humble and deserved champion.

Thanks to Kerry and everyone here who have made this ride what it is.

Merry XMAS!!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was a good night wasn't it.

Hugh proved his himself again as our PFA-ROC champ, and humbly retired with the first three wins to his name... Lucky for us, now we just have the wisecrackery and invincibility of youth to contend with in Billy (Mike's son)! Actually, great to have both Alex (Harv's) and Billy there, bringing the next Gen through the ranks... Not to mention Nathan (?) (Roni's heir) as our youngest associate member at about three(?)!

Really good to catch up with the clan, some old faces and some new ones, all envirgorated with the glow of hard fought toil, some of us more than others!!! ;)

We did miss out out on the videos and laps of the Nurburgring, however we'll try and get that happening one evening in at my studio in St Kilda in the near future.

Also, thanks to all for the kind wishes and motions of interest in my art practice, I'll put up a post in the next week or so letting anyone further interested know where the exhibition will be on and dates etc... Basically the week of the 9-15th December.

Big thanks to Bryon Bay Chris for his very kind contribution of one of his books for each of us: "Selling Snake Oil at Light Speed" (http://www.amazon.com/Selling-Snake-Oil-at-Lightspeed-ebook/dp/B00C4X2WUW) which will no doubt help us all with our online commerce and the reading of potentially dodgy advertising (mis)representations! Cheers Chris.

Last but not least, welcome to our new official photographer Amanda! The photos look great and I think you'd have to agree that leaving the flash at home effected a much better result - you really captured the feeling of the place, and the tenor of the cohort! Great shooting! (Nice little camera as well).

Consensus seemed to be that this new venue offered a better karting experience as well, so sorry for thems that live in the northern suburbs, it looks like GoKarts might here for the foreseeable future.

Ok, the iPad says I've 1% juice left so better rap it up before I lose all written thus far...

Cheers and seasons greeting to all ( is it too early, November?!?!?)

Kerry

Great night,  great bunch of blokes and not to forget Amanda with her new camera.

Good shots for the record.

Kerry, you really have got something up and going here.

Back in the day I would never have thought that I would be mixing with Porsche people of my own free will and enjoying it.

Yet here I am part of a fabulous group of humans that all have Porsche's.

'Quelle surprise'

The 'PFA' group is getting stronger by the day and aren't we all thankful for that.

Dave

Well done Hugh. Champion.

Did you practice at the venue the week before?

Absolutely, practice sessions daily - cycling through photos of the corners every night before bed. Glad it payed off, bring on the burgers!

As has been said above, great bunch of people & good food made for a great evening. Always a pleasure to catch up with everyone, hopefully we manage a drive this side of Christmas.

Thanks again Kerry & PFA.

Great to catch up with all!

The karts were a blast and burgers worth the wait (thought they'd lost my order at one point  :().

Congrats to Hugh and best wishes to all on PFA leading into x-mas.

Thanks Kerry and guys, it was a great night catching up and sharing a burger and beer made for a perfect end.

Niko, I hear that Hugh has had carbon fibre leg replacements made for nights like that.

Well raced and won Hugh and Simon as the the winner of group 2.

Kev.

Archived