Darth Vader's escape Module sighted recently...!!

333pg333

Thanks guys. Our hopes were raised a little bit more based on the 1st shakedown. We're not expecting to win our Class but should get higher up the order than we planned. Might do well against the other RWD cars though. I think there's a sub-competition for the different fwd/rwd/awd cars too.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as our event went...well, great to compete and be a part of it. Unfortunately we were chasing problems for the few days preceding it and then into the event itself. We had to retire from the event which was a 2 day affair on the 2nd morning without doing a run. Failed turbo due to some bolts backing out. Shame as the 2nd morning was when everyone went their fastest. We should have got into the 1:33's but only managed a 1:35 flat and this was while not running with as much power as we'd have liked and also blocked as you can see in the outboard video. Unfortunately some people don't use their mirrors enough as evidenced by the blocking and plenty of Oil downs. Frustrating to say the least! The fastest car in our class was a highly modified Nissan GTR32 with possibly over 800whp. He toasted us on the straight but data showed us to be quicker than him around the twisty bits. Some consolation.

Been racing around today trying to find a replacement turbo so we can try and make the last PCNSW event this Saturday. Haven't been with the boys for some time and would love to get out there and do at least one more event before putting the car in mothballs until next year. Need to add another or larger oil cooler too.

Can't believe that we were also getting serious squat in the rear. (see thumbnail) Clearly the wing works. We're up to 1450lb rears so it's not like they're soft!

post-1135-0-85925600-1382344399_thumb.jp

Changed the turbo between WTAC and this weekend. Fair bit of reworking under the hood to make it fit. Car is now more driveable in my opinion. Even though Paul only managed 3 laps in it and it was in the heat of a pretty warm day plus running rich and only 18psi, he was able to set the fastest time of the day and break the Club record by a pretty decent margin. (Held by the 2nd placed car's time) I am slowly getting to terms with the car and came in 5th. Happy with the proceedings.

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/636009600/object_33272976.86U/View?1

Porsche Club NSW & PR Technology Supersprint

Sydney Motorsport Park - North Circuit

Caught up with a bunch of my car audio friends last night at a comp and a cpl mentioned this sick black Porsche at WTAC. They said it was the crowd favourite and every time it was on track ppl were simply in awe of it.  They were speculating as to what type of motor it had when I said I knew about the car, and it was *just* a little 4 cylinder, similar to mine, just a little warmed over ;) they were actually quite shocked.  Anyway these guys loved it and wanted to know everything about it

Ha, thanks Bruce. I guess we are 'kissing cousins' with our Audi brethren. Thinking how much power some of their cars come up with simply dwarf us. We were really running a lot less than our max dyno'd power level of 505whp. More like 420whp in the heat and with the boost turned down. Our car is all about corner speed and under brakes. There is still a lot more potential in this car. Just going to have to put it under the covers for a while now to stop the 'Budget Bleeding' for a while!!

• 2 months later...

Hi Nathan, yes someone pointed that out to me also. Mostly pretty negative posts but I don't think they actually get what the car is and why it's been built. You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make children read!  :P

ps...I didn't post on that site nor do I know about it. Haven't even seen that pic before either. 

Thanks Hugh. Yes SpeedHunters did this article. Some nice shots I think (subjectively  :P ). There will be some changes to the car over the next year as well.  http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/german-speed-metal-a-time-attacking-porsche-944-turbo/

ps...I like the new side on pic of your car...Looks awesome!! 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Caught up with Zoran and his car.

Import engine in 944 Turbo was run at 12psi boost for 522 HP ATW after it arrived, can go much higher !  

Said he had a drive in the US before it was brought over, with wheel spin at 200 KPH.

968 is morphing each time I see it and bodywork keeps stretching for handling to accommodate the power.

Archived