How NOT to treat your 964RS/R...

The speed is very misleading until you see him launch the barrier. He would have not long been thinking "geez, I nailed that slide out of the corner" to being upside down in a river - can all happen so quickly. :o

WHAT?!?!?!

WHO YOU CALLING A REPOSTER!?!?!?!?!?!?   :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Russ, are you seriously suggesting that I don't read every single post on this forum!?!?!? 

:P  :D  

Kerry

you!

lol, there's an easy way to see if it's a repost that I learnt recently - just search the bit after ?v= in the YouTube link (so with this one you put hStcyDj830Q in the search and it spits up some links)

not that I'm having a go! just thought it might be useful for some people in future (I'm guilty of the odd repost too)

OK. I'll post in this one then.

To turn right ze must get off ze brake and turn ze veel.

Yes Barry I agree, you're left wondering if he actually got off the stop pedal once it locked, whether he could have "coasted" (defs not the right word!) around...? Clung around...

I say again, did he really need 4th gear?!? Or vuz et zimply ze red mist dezending?!   :blink:

Kerry

Yes Barry I agree, you're left wondering if he actually got off the stop pedal once it locked, whether he could have "coasted" (defs not the right word!) around...? Clung around...

I say again, did he really need 4th gear?!? Or vuz et zimply ze red mist dezending?!   :blink:

Kerry

That's what I was thinking, how long was he locked for! Obviously the "oh sh$ts" kicked in and froze up!

Yeah, I remember watching a video a few years back about a famous Australian golfer who was a "guest" competitor in a (his?) Lambo at the Targa Tassie. Luckily, he was guided by a well seasoned navigator/driver who obviously knew all the pitfalls, and what I remember him saying very regularly when said golfer was heading for the "traps", - "GET OFF THE BRAKES AND DRIVE AROUND THE CORNER!!!" (bah-ha-ha-ha!!!)

Its something that I keep at front of mind when driving with conviction, and has been invaluable third-hand advice!

Kerry

i take it an RSR doesn't have ABS then?

I can confirm that an RS does have ABS, however no matter how hard I've pushed it, I've never felt it come on...(awesome brakes) Maybe thats why I've never ended up in a river?  -_-  B)

The guy just looks straight ahead, didn't even glance at where he should be going.

What was it in defensive driving school...?" If you look at the tree, you will hit the tree! "

;)

Kerry

Archived