Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-914-1973/SSE-AD-2199406/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

one cool car - immaculate , huge money spent on it, and more again by the current owner - engine upgrade . Might be top money for a 914, but this will be worth more than an equally priced boxster in 5 years

how cheap do you think it would have to be to make it worth the punt?

Depends on how much your prepared to take on. Its definitely got potential, I'm not brave enough though unfortunately.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-914-1973/SSE-AD-2199406/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

one cool car - immaculate , huge money spent on it, and more again by the current owner - engine upgrade . Might be top money for a 914, but this will be worth more than an equally priced boxster in 5 years

Another one that has been sitting for a while?

Are the issues oily, rusty or dusty?

I like the look of it as well.

D. Probably all of the above

good pricing helps a sale. Though a recent thread compared this car against a blue oz delivered car. Similar pricing, blue car after a long run of forum chatter sold to a very appy chappy

Another one that has been sitting for a while?

Probably sit awhile longer till people realise the value in a 914. While on the high side $ the current owner is fastidious with his cars, judging by his last 356 and a more recent purchase

Probably sit awhile longer till people realise the value in a 914. While on the high side $ the current owner is fastidious with his cars, judging by his last 356 and a more recent purchase

It's a great looking car, come on Niko!

There's just something so incredibly appealing about these cars to me...  love the cookie cutters, needs what looks like a good bit of TLC.. paint a bit fadey, price a bit exxy but still...  click here   what can I say, they just do it for me!  Funny brake light action at the back too!

cp5377747078662722685.jpg?height=700&asp

I'd say 40k is a stretch for that SC, lack of interior shots always worries me. Give him a call in 6 months Amanda and offer him 30k based on an ok PPI!

40k is Coupe money. That's what RSR wanted for the black SC, I drove that car and it was gorgeous.

Pfft I wouldn't pay $30k for it either Hugh...   I'd pony up a bit more and get the Lorbeks 993 Cab with the 303k on the clock. Serviced every 13,000km that car has and it looks brilliant in the pics!

is that 993 cab still available?

I might be in the minority, but I really like targas.. especially old ones.. like this one on carsales....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2499524

It's been on the market for a while.. but what's the general consensus for something like this?

ex usa.. (supposedly dry and rust free)

converted to rhd

non matching engine from a E model

What's with the webers? Is that a good or bad thing??

By the way, my partner says she doesn't like targas and they are at the bottom of the list for her.. so I guess I won't be an owner any time soon...

cp5491841554473394438_zps1adec4b7.jpg

cp4802383270341471557_zps0ce63aeb.jpg

cp4678115945491474038_zps4554bede.jpg

As you know Mike, I LOVE Targas.  I think that one you've posted is gorgeous.  I'd say give the owner a call and speak to them. At this price range, age of vehicle, the fact it's a Targa (and therefore less popular) you'd have to rate the car on it's condition now.. and go from there price wise, to work out if it's over priced. It doesn't seem like a silly price to me (and my 2 years of watching the market daily - so take that with a grain of salt)

PPI will show issues as you know..  if you like the car make an offer knowing it's been around awhile, if you don't ask you don't get.

I think this car and your 987 would make a lovely garaged couple of Porsches :D

EDIT: I wonder what is under those sheepskin covers -  I could see this car with houndstooth inserts and a prototipo style steering wheel!

cp5684254081800767610.jpg?height=700&asp

I like the red targa.  pity about the non matching engine.  Converted RHD drops price now, but give it another 10years and it will be worth converting back to LHD in a general resto.  I only like the chrome bar targas.

you can make any targa a 'chrome bar targa' - the targa bar is stainless so just strip the paint off and polish

wonder how you'd go finding the original engine?

I'd still buy it! but i'm always worried about rust in earlier cars

you can make any targa a 'chrome bar targa' - the targa bar is stainless so just strip the paint off and polish

wonder how you'd go finding the original engine?

I'd still buy it! but i'm always worried about rust in earlier cars

Yeh you just make it silver if thats what you prefer!  I agree with Coastr too, I like the silver as well but only on some cars.  I think once you get into the '80s Carreras the black looks better.

Original engine - jeepers, that sounds like quite the hunt!