Another Magnus Walker Video - '66 Irish Green 911

Is this the one he almost sold before someone offered him the original motor?

He cops a bit of flack in some circles for his approach, but there's no doubt he loves early 911s. He seems to have a similar philosophy to me with older cars but not sure I'd follow all his signature changes. Perhaps im just jealous. Perhaps that's why I think I love the pre 73 cars myself. Something pure about them from another time.

I feel like they did so well with these models that they only changed them when others caught up. Even don't mind the stock rear guards when they look as good as this one.

And oh, what a colour!

........and dribble is an accurate way of describing it.I am struggling to see why this guy is getting so much attention.

He has got lots of cars to talk about...

How many could say that they had a realistic ambition to collect a 911 from each year '64 to '73...hey I've got something he doesn't have :D

When I first saw Urban Outlaw I thought it was soooooo cool and Magnus was soooooo cool. But now I'm watching this and realising that what I really thought was cool was the imagery, photography, music and of course his wonderful cars shown in that little film.  Quite frankly, any Porsche collector or collectors would have looked soooooo cool with this production behind them.

I found this really hard to sit through.. to much talk. Not enough nice car footage. I don't think I care about him enough to listen to all his thoughts and ramblings about what he wants to buy next!

I think I'm suffering from Magnus overload....

Kinda over his videos to be honest. Same as the Turbo one. Man that was BORING!

The original vid was cool, now it's not so much.

A cool guy that has obviously been successful and appreciates the iconic cars we love, yet it's just a gratuitous plug for his business and he's got in my opinion

He's obviously not stupid and uses these video's to make more money via Youtube to sell his wares..

Thats cool, I would do the same if I was promoting a business, as it's a free marketing avenue, yet his 'signature modifications' are starting to annoy me.

That's been done in racing circles for eon's. He's just done it on a street car!  So if I drill out my door handles or louvre the decklid, is that a Magnus Walker copy? No it's not.

The people that get all excited over what is at best, a modest car customiser makes me laugh.

You wanna impress me? Build a Singer quality car, or (and I hate to name name's) something like Hugh's fantastic red 911.

As I say, he's a cool guy that I'd like to sit down in a my garage and have a beer or three with, no question, as he obviously just takes life how it's dealt to him through hard work. Good for him.

Am I jealous of what he has? ofcourse I am, anyone would be, yet that is not my point for this rant on Magnus Walker.

I do like that green 911 and how he hasn't touched it, so he obviously has some appreciation of it's authenticity.

I also noticed he mentioned that his wife knows what cars he's been driving cos he smells of oil and fuel.

So I now know that all you old 911 owners must be stinky!  

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

umm, yeah, after ive driven the car and come home my wife mentions i smell like porsche.. 

No it was a red 64 from memory - it was on ebay about a month back

http://www.magnuswalker911.com/

August 2013 blog - 

65-911 REUNITED WITH ORIGINAL MOTOR

Is this the one he almost sold before someone offered him the original motor?

He cops a bit of flack in some circles for his approach, but there's no doubt he loves early 911s. He seems to have a similar philosophy to me with older cars but not sure I'd follow all his signature changes. Perhaps im just jealous. Perhaps that's why I think I love the pre 73 cars myself. Something pure about them from another time.

I feel like they did so well with these models that they only changed them when others caught up. Even don't mind the stock rear guards when they look as good as this one.

And oh, what a colour!

umm, yeah, after ive driven the car and come home my wife mentions i smell like porsche.. 

Spose thats better than smelling like a Jennifer Hawkins when ya get home!

Though saying that...........Mmmmmmm, Jennifer Hawkins!!!!!

Archived