Know anyone who does quick touch up paint jobs?

Orion03

When I picked up my 997 it has a spot on the front bumper where someone scraped the paint off.

Does anyone know of a good guy in Melbourne who can just touch up the paint and do a good colour match?

I hear that there are guys that just airbrush the spot and make it vanish?

And also while he's at it he can touch up my door handle too.

Recomendations please.

Or should I get the touch up kit from ebay and try it myself?

e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Porsche-Touch-up-Paint-Arctic-Silver-Metallic-Genuine-Porsche-Part-/290994252720

Thanks all.

Good freind of mine is a mobile touch up guy. Does work for car dealers.

They do not just air brush the spot. Just like a panel shop they must blend along the bar.

Bear in mind they are not spraying in a booth so the chance of contaminants in the paint is a higher and the final product is not baked.

Its only a 10 mm spot...

Don't think that matters, they still need to spray a larger part of the area to blend. I had a door chip on the edge and had a guy come out to take a look. He wanted to spray a good third of the door to ensure it blended properly. I recall he wanted $650 to do that and the front guard.

Don't do it Orion, put up with it.

It's just the bumper right? So it won't rust, yeah I know it looks shithouse but you will probably go on some SMT's and get a couple more.

I have 2 mates that are spray painters/ panelbeaters and I have stone chips that I want to fix and there advice to me is, do the whole panel, you drive a Porsche and you want it to look great.

Repairs can often not come out well and blending the paint, metalics and clearcoat is not easy, it will always look better when the whole panel is done.

I'm saving some dollars so I can get mine repaired down the track, repairing bumpers is a different proposition to metal panels, you really have to do the whole thing. 

Ah well, guess you guys don't think those quick touch up guys are any good.

Thanks for the info.

The mobile touch up guys are pretty good based on what they need to deal with.

If it really bothers you its a cheaper option than a panel shop.

PM me if you want my mates number.

Archived