Garage Shelving system

I have a garage !!!!   But no car to put into it :(   Just a few more weeks till I get the car back......

What are your thoughts on this 3m shelving system.  I just need something to withstand occasional flooding (so no timber) and just strong enough to hold boxes etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390593234201?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

And here is the garage in the current state....

DSC_0818_zpse6adc864.jpg

Jeez Chris,

A concrete and steel garage.

I thought garages in Byron Bay would be made out of mud brick and old recycled church pews.

Ebay jobby looks as though it would do everything you would need it to do.

You can get those sexy purpose built looking fitments that you see in rich people's garages in the magazines but they will set you back multiple grands which you are probably already spending on the Top End.

Go Ebay

Dave

you can pick up bigger/stronger pallet racking second hand for similar money (but it's a much higher load rating so you can put gearboxes/engines on it)

looks like a good deal though

I just bought some shelves from Super Cheap Auto and they worked fine, but have MDF shelves so might not suit you

Jeez Chris,

A concrete and steel garage.

I thought garages in Byron Bay would be made out of mud brick and old recycled church pews.

Ebay jobby looks as though it would do everything you would need it to do.

You can get those sexy purpose built looking fitments that you see in rich people's garages in the magazines but they will set you back multiple grands which you are probably already spending on the Top End.

Go Ebay

Dave

Damn right on all point. Garages are usually made of from tin and straw. And my garage plans are scaling back as I work my way out of an engine rebuild.

Similar gear now at Bunnings with some options like cupboards etc.

Yes

Yes. The rackit range. Seems good, but a 2.7 length of similar from bunnings is around $450 plus delivery fee, where as this is $280 plus delivery. It's not as sexy, as is not "matte-black" but I will run it past the Ministry of finance later today.

Yes

Yes. The rackit range. Seems good, but a 2.7 length of similar from bunnings is around $450 plus delivery fee, where as this is $280 plus delivery. It's not as sexy, as is not "matte-black" but I will run it past the Ministry of finance later today.

2 cheap cans of satin black aerosols. Sorted! White Knight brand is my fave

• 4 weeks later...

Chris, 

Great to hear you have the car back, looking forward to the update on how it runs and feels after a good run.

You may have posted this already ( sorry in advance ) but did you end up doing a stock rebuild?

you can pick up bigger/stronger pallet racking second hand for similar money (but it's a much higher load rating so you can put gearboxes/engines on it)

Let's do a show of hands ...who's racking engines and gearboxes here? (I've got a 944 spare)

What's in them thar boxes Chris? Gold , dope or engine parts? "Gentleman's magazines ? Lego? Bin 407 perhaps?

We all have our secret stashes :D

Car is more lively to drive

Kevin, it was a standard rebuild....

Resisted the "while you are in there" luckily

The slope was v slippery anyway with a standard rebuild. Good for another 150Ks now :)

Will now monitor oil leaks on the clean garage floor

Boxes contain family stuff, baby stuff, no fun stuff. I might be needing the racks to sleep in if the Minister of Finance ever collates ALL the invoices...

(Btw, when I type Minister on my phone, it autocorrect to Monster). Hehehe

Archived