New Melbourne Member. From Vintage BMX To Vintage 911

Hi guys Im Steve and located in Melbourne. Loving this forum as I've wandered over from a vintage BMX forum and need something a little faster than an early Mongoose. 

Love the wealth of info available here . 

Just a quick one where do i ask questions about a car I'm looking at and possible modifications 

Kind regards 

Steve

Hi guys Im Steve and located in Melbourne. Loving this forum as I've wandered over from a vintage BMX forum and need something a little faster than an early Mongoose. 

Love the wealth of info available here . 

Just a quick one where do i ask questions about a car I'm looking at and possible modifications 

Kind regards 

Steve

Welcome Steve.

What are "possible modifications"? Don't you mean unnecessary and pointless modifications that you simply MUST do.

There is a retro BMX forum? So many distractions, such little time...........

Hey Hugh. It's massive. If it is something your ibterested in PM me as I don't know why the rules are here posting other sites.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to at herons some info on a Carrera I'm looking at buying

Thanks heaps

Steve

Hey Hugh. It's massive. If it is something your ibterested in PM me as I don't know why the rules are here posting other sites.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to at herons some info on a Carrera I'm looking at buying

Thanks heaps

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll have to check it out. I'm just a weekend warrior and go racing with my son. Look forward to seeing this Carrera you speak of - feel free to post a link or some images!

Cheers, Hugh.

A mate used to race a chrome Redline that he had to keep in his bedroom because of its value. He had those mini brake levers, "flight" cranks, all the good gear. I had a lowly Crossrider (with C R cutout of the gusset) but used to enjoy carving it up at a track all the local lads made at "red hill" up the road from our house in Frankston. I was forever pulling it apart and changing colour - the start of tinkering with mechanical things that led to Datsuns then rotaries then a clubman and now Porsches (albeit the tinkering hand son has left me).

I once rode that Redline, had a massive OTB on a berm and broke my wrist (he told me afterwards that rear brake was inexplicably on the right side!)

Those were the days. Post a link to the forum - looks like a few of us could enjoy reminiscing over there.

A mate used to race a chrome Redline that he had to keep in his bedroom because of its value. He had those mini brake levers, "flight" cranks, all the good gear. I had a lowly Crossrider (with C R cutout of the gusset) but used to enjoy carving it up at a track all the local lads made at "red hill" up the road from our house in Frankston. I was forever pulling it apart and changing colour - the start of tinkering with mechanical things that led to Datsuns then rotaries then a clubman and now Porsches (albeit the tinkering hand son has left me).

I once rode that Redline, had a massive OTB on a berm and broke my wrist (he told me afterwards that rear brake was inexplicably on the right side!)

Those were the days. Post a link to the forum - looks like a few of us could enjoy reminiscing over there.

No worries it's

www.ozbmx.com.au

It's a very similar set up to this forum

Ill post a photo and some info on that Carrrra tonight.

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Steve

Steve - glad you stepped up from the oz bmx forum - I am a member of oz as well.

Good luck with the new car and welcome aboard - parts are a little hard and more expensive here - LOL

ppmurf

Archived