Pick 3 songs - that remind you of the following..

Given music impacts and can define segments of our life,  I thought it might be fun to make a thread about music.  But there's rules!

So pick 3 songs but they must remind you of the following:

1. Driving in the car with your family as a kid
  2. A song that reminds you of getting your drivers licence and those initial drives in your first car!
  3. Lastly the day you got your Porsche!

Ok i'll go first of course!

1. Dad was stationed over Christmas at Ocean Grove in the late '70s this song reminds me of driving up and down from Chirnside Park to see him!

2. In my TE Cortina I used to listen to this song all the time.. I still love it now and it reminds me of that initial freedom of having my own car!  

3. Rufus - Take Me  - I burnt this song to a disk and popped in the 987 on the drive home. I just LOVE this song and every time I hear it I remember that beautiful day when I drove my car home from Sydney...  was such a lovely day and experience!

1. Boney M - Rasputin. Parents were big Boney M fans and this song has stuck with me all my life due to long holiday drives in our Cortina with a portable cassette deck between my brother and I. The jury is still out on my compensation case.

2. Bon Jovi - Livin' on a prayer. Saw these guys in concert again just before Xmas in Sydney. Still an awesome outfit.

3. Choir Boys - Boys Will Be Boys. 'Nuff said! :)

ANSWER 1.      NOT FAIR.   My mum and dad had a Standard 8 and then a Standard 10 when I was a little tacker.......

AND IT HAD NO RADIO.   So when we would go on picnics to Healsville and Emerald Lake we would just sing songs.

HOW SAD IS THAT???

ANSWER 2.       When I first got my licence in 1968 and I was fanging around doing some Army stuff between Vic and N.S.W. the most played song was Merillee Rush singing "Angel Of the Morning".  It drove us crazy.

I have tried to find it on the net for you all to suffer but to no avail.  

LUCKY YOU.

ANSWER 3.     I gotta tell you.... nothing and I mean nothing sounds better than this, when coming out of the super system in the Coxster turned up nice and loud.  

Unfortunately the censor has beeped a couple of the words.   But I never get sick of it, from the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack and be warned it is very addictive.  

I’ll play!

Driving in the car with your family as a kid
My mum was a huge Bee Gees fan (plus the Carpenters, Abba and a few strange South African and Dutch bands…)

A song that reminds you of getting your drivers licence and those initial drives in your first car!

Listened to shed-loads of Stones when I got my first car…Paint it Black is obviously king…

Lastly the day you got your Porsche!
I just had the windows down, sounded similar to this - skip to 1:30 (one neighbour has already complained! :/ ):

I think it was at least two days before music came on in the 964…I can’t hear much in there, but I like driving to Z Trip…

Here’s some playlists (stay with it - he spins some classics):
Classic Sh!t:

Uneasy Listening:

Obama Mix:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA3FB33C2BF8B3368

One of the tracks from “Live in LA”:

Also used to love to drive to The Avalanches…

[*]Driving in the car with your family as a kid

Usually just fighting with my sister. Who knows what was in the radio.

[*]A song that reminds you of getting your drivers licence and those initial drives in your first car!

Not so much getting my licence but getting my first car. Sweet Caroline-Neil Diamond. It was a 73 Fairlane with just the original 8 track cartridge player and AM radio. My uncle still had the cartridge from the 70's so it was all I could play.

[*]Lastly the day you got your Porsche!

Flat 6!! (original stereo ist kaput)

My whole life then was about Noddy and his car. Had no idea why his older friend "Big Ears" wanted to be friends with him.

This Deep Purple cartridge was the one they pulled out of the wreckage of my XU1 after falling asleep and hitting the lamp post. Merlin only knows how I could have possibly gone to sleep behind the wheel with "Highway Star" playing full bore but I did and it put me out of action for the best part of 12 months

Bringing the car back from Sydney couldn't get it out of my mind that I had overstepped my station in life driving a Porsche, where in reality I was just driving an old car. Still I had this old Skyhooks song rattling around in my head justifying my latest purchase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduuxKdPt9Q

1st P-Car just as Annie Lennox made it with "Sweet Dreams"...... 924.......

1st 911..... axel Rose on the radio as I backed it out of the dealers.......... "welcome to the jungle"

Current 911, picked it up off the P.O, plugged in the I-Pad into the stereo & hit random play..... AC/DC - Iron man 2 sound track..... Black in Black I kid you not!

Now, internet radio via I-Pad plugged in........ 181FM Classic Hits...... Works for me......

ANSWER 1.      NOT FAIR.   My mum and dad had a Standard 8 and then a Standard 10 when I was a little tacker.......

AND IT HAD NO RADIO.   So when we would go on picnics to Healsville and Emerald Lake we would just sing songs.

HOW SAD IS THAT???

ANSWER 2.       When I first got my licence in 1968 and I was fanging around doing some Army stuff between Vic and N.S.W. the most played song was Merillee Rush singing "Angel Of the Morning".  It drove us crazy.

I have tried to find it on the net for you all to suffer but to no avail.  

LUCKY YOU.

ANSWER 3.     I gotta tell you.... nothing and I mean nothing sounds better than this, when coming out of the super system in the Coxster turned up nice and loud.  

Unfortunately the censor has beeped a couple of the words.   But I never get sick of it, from the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack and be warned it is very addictive.  

Isn't amazing that in young Niko's short life, we've gone from no radio in cars, to cassette, cd, mini disk for a very short time and now look at what we have!  Sat Nav, aux in, bluetooth streaming, hard disks, multi cd players, ipod compatibility!  It's really quite amazing as to how quick we have come.. same can be said for the cars themselves, but hey this is about music in cars. 

Great stuff guys - thanks for playing! 

All that 'plug in stuff' is on the cusp of being over...ipods! Pffft!

The not-so-far-away thing is internet enabled cars and streaming...

Lots of cars are already delivered in EU & US with sim cards installed for mobile data and internet streaming.

I was thinking the other day of using the MCM 'Apple Airplay' mod in our (other) car...

Isn't amazing that in young Niko's short life, we've gone from no radio in cars, to cassette, cd, mini disk for a very short time and now look at what we have!  Sat Nav, aux in, bluetooth streaming, hard disks, multi cd players, ipod compatibility!  It's really quite amazing as to how quick we have come.. same can be said for the cars themselves, but hey this is about music in cars. 

I'm feeling pretty tired...I think I'll go home now.......

(And up my medication)

All that 'plug in stuff' is on the cusp of being over...ipods! Pffft!

The not-so-far-away thing is internet enabled cars and streaming...

Lots of cars are already delivered in EU & US with sim cards installed for mobile data and internet streaming.

I was thinking the other day of using the MCM 'Apple Airplay' mod in our (other) car...

You still need a pretty modern car for that, ie one with an Aux In... which I don't have in my 2005 Porsche with a $10,000 Sat Nav system in :P 

I had one in my 2004 mini....

Actually, when I started looking at P-cars I was surprised at how under-whelming the nav systems in them were...

You still need a pretty modern car for that, ie one with an Aux In... which I don't have in my 2005 Porsche with a $10,000 Sat Nav system in :P

The stock Blaupunkt stereo in my early 993 has a aux/in connection on the rear, just need a $5 cable from fleaBay... does the Boxster not even have that?

Given music impacts and can define segments of our life,  I thought it might be fun to make a thread about music.  But there's rules!

So pick 3 songs but they must remind you of the following:

You not the make rules.

Only one song, is enough.

1. Austin A40 didn't have a "wireless"

2.  no "transistor" in the Anglia either

3.  just a 6 cylinder symphony for the first 6 months

then worked out how to turn the thing on and Pink Floyd "Pulse" album has played 90% of the time

Archived