New state of mind following a write off!

CTS was not comfortable selling the car to me and have refunded the deposit

Wow.. that says a lot to me! 

I bet you are glad you dodged that one, they'll have to wait for some poor unassuming first time 911 buyer.. :( 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be patient. The right car will come along for you. We all have tales of the time it took to find and buy our cars. I was searching for about 11/2 years but when I found it the feeling is fantastic. It will be worth it in the end.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-2713506/?Cr=20&sdmvc=1

Well guys, I did it! Managed to pick it up at a deep discount to asking price as well post the inspection. 

The guys at fitz racing had a look. 

Engine tested well with 8/6% :) Idle was a little rough, might need work done on the fuel pressure regulator. Seals need work (whistles) and there is a small oil leak, which might require a top-end at some stage (car has only done 110k!). 2nd is a little slow, due to syncro wear..but not something that needs to be addressed for another 10-20k.

Excited! 

Thank you very much everyone!

I'll put some pics up when it's in the garage in a couple of weeks.

Heading to Cavaco next Wednesday to have some work done on the gearbox and funny idle. Will try fix the oil leak too, if the budget allows. 

Archived