I feel stupid... solved my parking light gremlin.

Ever since I got the car, I've been plagued by a parking light that just comes on whenever it feels like.

Drive car, stop, turn car off, open door, beep beep beep, parking light is on?

Like What? why? I didn't turn on the lights?

Scratch head.

Finally read the manual....

LOL

Say I am pulling over left, and I indicate left, then I turn off the car with the indicator still on left... then the car turns on the left parking light and proceeds to beep beep beep at me.

Yeah, feeling stupid now.

The older 911's do it via the headlight. Man did I spend hours trying to figure that one out.

It is the greatest irony that I managed to figure out what was causing the problem, but I still can't figure out why they would make it do that?

I sussed that one out pretty early but for about 6 months I kept putting key back in to wind up a drivers side window, only to discover by accident, that if I opened the door I could put it up with out key in ignition and ignition on. Great feature and even though I had read the manual i must have skimmed over that bit

Not so hard to work out.  Even my old VWs did it.  It's mandatory to leave parking lights on at night in Europe, so to reduce drain on the battery, they're configured to only illuminate one side according to where you leave the indicator stalk.  It's only the parking lights that come on, no dash or interior lights.  The Boxster does it too, there's a left and right parking light position on the light switch now, instead of the blinker stalk.  Remember, people park on both sides of the road, so it's very easy to select the outer side lights.  What I don't understand is why people park their cars and leave the blinkers on?  That's just wrong!  :wacko:

So stop calling it an "issue", it's a design "feature"...and a very good one!

I sussed that one out pretty early but for about 6 months I kept putting key back in to wind up a drivers side window, only to discover by accident, that if I opened the door I could put it up with out key in ignition and ignition on. Great feature and even though I had read the manual i must have skimmed over that bit

I figured this out not long after i got my car. Pretty neat feature.

And you think that's stupid........after 8 years I figured out I have a glovebox light, just needed to toggle the lens to the auto position :rolleyes:

Suppose it wasn't really a feature I missed much

I went the easy route and just got the pack that Suncoast are flogging. Way overpriced vs sourcing yourself, but I had other stuff I was getting whilst I was in the US earlier this year so was easy.

In terms of performance they are definitely better than the standard bulbs - especially noticeable are the interior lights and the one in the front.

Archived