Over the moon with first porsche....

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys.......makes a Porsche owner feel special.....

I spoke to Simon before I bought it to get his opinion on the colour change. Will be booking it in soon to get a service done for peace of mind. 

Had it out today just for running around with......

I think I want to move into it and get my wife to bring the dinner to me out there..... who wants to get out of their Porsche??

Unfortunately no history......

Previous owner bought it from a deceased estate approx. 9 years ago..... the widow didn't know anything about it other than her husband spent more time outside with it than with her..... he was only 40 yo...

It starts first turn of the key and idles beautifully. It pulls really hard and sounds awsome....

That's what I love about these cars.

Congrats Dreamr.

You're lucky.  Nice colour as is...but also nice colour when delivered, very period to me.

IMG_4167+Version+21275799413.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments D-banger. 

You are right about the period colour but as it happens, I really, really wanted a Guards Red one.....

Would have been overjoyed if Red was the original...

Can't imagine it would be viable to return it to the original colour so looks like it will be staying red...(heartbroken, really...)

Nice work Dreamr - I still remember going out to the garage just to look at my 77 when I first bought her.  Great car mate (& getting harder to find) - don't every get rid of her!

Gavin

Thanks Gavin,

I don't have any plans to give it up.

I've given it a really good go over the last few days and and it hasn't complained once...... she just purrs along with no complaints.

I get the impression that this has been one very spoilt car and really well looked after.

I feel that I lucked out with this one!

Would like to think that one day one of my sons will enjoy it as much as I am.....

Car looks great and little things like the sunroof delete are very cool IMO. I lucked out too as I wanted a sunroof delete but had no idea how rare they were, and almost didn't go and check out mine because ad said it had a sunroof. Glad I did obviously. Pulling up a chair just to look at her, looking back everytime you park her are all things most of us do. Main thing is to enjoy her ;)

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bruce.

I have been driving it non stop since I got it and I can't believe how well it performs and it does it flawlessly. Not a hint of anything amiss. So smooth and hums along beautifully.....(except when I get the urge....)

And yes, I have been turning around to check it out after I have parked it.......

Nice car! I am too enjoying my new car, Ive had it a month and clocked up a couple thousand Ks,. I just cant look at it in the shed, i gota get in it and go flog it! I havent even pulled the sheets off any of my bikes since getting a porsche

As a matter of fact, Im thinking of selling all my bikes and buying another porsche! Track car instead of track bike!!

Well, I had her in for the first "peace of mind " service...... you know the one you do so that you have peace of mind that it's been done.

Simon was great. Spent time explaining things (even the stupid thing I didn't know) Replaced all the filters, oils, gearshift bushings, adjusted valve clearances, compression test, etc...

Overall, it got the all clear and a good report ..... no previous damage, strong 3.0 engine, good compression etc...

He did find a few things but only wear items as expected.... brake pads and hoses, 1 x shock absorbers some worn rubber boots..

Overall, I'm exctatic and raring to go on a run or two.....

I've got a bad feeling about the longevity of my license staying intact.......

My experiances with Simon have been the same. I've been dealing with him for a year now and have no hesitation in recomending him at all.

+ 1. Simon was excellent with the purchase of my car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived