Was a cheap 67 porsche 912 before delusional seller got offers

I'd love it, I wish I could!

I know of a recently listed aus del 'T' that's sold for close to 90k from an OS buyer (UK). The global market is strong for good cars!

here is the Jet (Blk) when it was resident in Canberra for a couple of years the PO bought it back - now back in Melb - having driven it fun car!

DSCN3861.jpg

Yes I remember talking to you about that car, it was on the market for quite a while, at the time a little overpriced we thought. I think we decided the interior was a little "Tatty" and the engine tin was different colours(or something) so I passed  :angry: whats it worth now :( 20/20 hindsight hey..

Cool mate. I'm just busting to get mine sorted and rego'd!

It's been far too long, yet the more i dig, the more i want to upgrade or restore certain parts that are showing their age.

Think I've become a bit fussy with it now, though it will be worth it in the long run.

This red/marroon/burgundy/aunergine car would be interesting to see up close though

Was that the first or 2nd time it was on the market? First time it was $18K. 

Nice one Lee. I have 67 SWB black & white plates on mine. 

Jet was on the  market for $26500 orginally then bought by the CBR guy (Regi) then bought back 3-4 years later  by the PO

Back to original car.....me thinks it sold

. No longer on carsales

he emailed me after and said he sold it for very close to $40k....

Which is kinda annoying after he told me he would not sell it till the 21st or something..... Sounded like a very nice tidy car though.

It's a pretty big deal on a car at that price point. I reckon just leave it and enjoy it. It's not like it's ever going to be an immaculate original 912 ever again anyhow. 

+1 If you want a fast street/track day long hood this is for you, if you want an imac numbers matching, there is better

value out there. Take it for what it is, and as Cal says just enjoy it by driving the wheels off it.

+1 If you want a fast street/track day long hood this is for you, if you want an imac numbers matching, there is better

value out there. Take it for what it is, and as Cal says just enjoy it by driving the wheels off it.

Im not sure if there are any immaculate matching SWB OZ cars left out there for any money this side of $70k - that aside I'd still say the exercise to return it to SWB spec not a daunting task hence the fwd date to begin with...I'm not speculating about the buy price

Or can you find an equiv spec SWB or LWB 'real 911' in the same condition for close to the money?

Impressive.  I have better one lying in my cupboard.  Maybe I should sell it

I think that is a super early wheel with the aluminium insert. 1964 or 65, they are worth quite a bit more. Pretty subtle difference, but significant to the bottom line for collectors of such things. 

Archived