The year long wait is almost over

Ahhhh, apple pie with ice cream.

It was worth the wait.

Beautiful colour, great model and a story to tell. What a great start to this ownership. :)

Poor little z sitting in the shadow of this euro rocket with famous history.:(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, great story! I've met 'Dave' once, I went up to him in a coffee shop in Sunny Coast like a school boy, don't think half the people there knew who he was or why I was going up to him. By all accounts a bit of a car nut, so I'm sure she's been well looked after.

must've been tempting past some of those safety cameras... Not that i condone that sort of behavior or anything

amazing car, If it was 6 months from now you'd have had some competition

Thanks everyone and sorry for drawing it out! Not intentional by any means but had to be annoying regardless :)

Because I had to leave early on that trip, I still haven't got it registered. Goes in for a blue slip tomorrow hopefully in time for the weekend.

Ahhhh, apple pie with ice cream.
It was worth the wait.

Beautiful colour, great model and a story to tell. What a great start to this ownership. :)

Poor little z sitting in the shadow of this euro rocket with famous history. :(

Nothing poor about the Z - was my first new car and I don't think I'll ever sell it. Nostalgia and all that. She goes alright, not with the finesse of a Porsche mind you, but it gets the job done. 35000km from new in 2005.

Nice work mate, would have been cool meeting 'Dave' - he comes across as a nice genuine guy from what I have seen of him.

He really is.

Congrats, great story! I've met 'Dave' once, I went up to him in a coffee shop in Sunny Coast like a school boy, don't think half the people there knew who he was or why I was going up to him. By all accounts a bit of a car nut, so I'm sure she's been well looked after.

He's got a young one now so a lot of the cars are gone, he still has 3 muscle cars though.

So... is it Chris Vermeulen's old car?

I'm not saying, it is easy to work out whos car it was though.

The car has an additional story related to why it was purchased which gives the game away which I haven't added to the overall tale. Needless to say it was awesome to hear about it. I don't think he was overly happy to part with the car in the end as it had a lot of sentimental value as a result.

must've been tempting past some of those safety cameras... Not that i condone that sort of behavior or anything

amazing car, If it was 6 months from now you'd have had some competition

It was. Every time I saw one the thought came into my head 'what if I just floor it right now?'

I'm surprised the other guy didn't jump at it as he was based on the Sunshine Coast. I guess had it been online longer I would have faced a bit more competition for it, especially at the price. But the alternative was a trade in, and we all know what happens there.

Love that colour! Nice work, prepare for many lost hours in the garage just looking. I drove up from Sydney 2 weeks ago and I too was confused as to why half the road is closed near Coffs. Enjoy the car!

The car has an additional story related to why it was purchased which gives the game away which I haven't added to the overall tale. Needless to say it was awesome to hear about it. I don't think he was overly happy to part with the car in the end as it had a lot of sentimental value as a result.

Brief mention of the car in a drive article saying that the car was what Dave* always wanted since a school boy. Wondering if there is more to this story.

Well now it's your turn to get sentimental about the car ;)

Brief mention of the car in a drive article saying that the car was what Dave* always wanted since a school boy. Wondering if there is more to this story.

Well now it's your turn to get sentimental about the car ;)

Any chance you can give me the year and month of that mag? It'd be nice to track it down for both myself and any subsequent owners if I part with it.

Archived