I got my my Work Brombacher wheels on Friday, finally! After a long wait (ordered in April) I just wanted to get them on the car asap but before I did that I wanted to give them some protection.

14717156686_7bd236205a_c.jpg

I picked up a Nanolex wheel sealant kit from CCP last week in preparation for eagerly awaited wheels.

14740185805_90e38bdd1b_c.jpg

The kit gives you everything you need to do the job and will hopefully keep them looking great for many months. Obviously I didn't need to wash down my new wheels but a thorough wipe down with the included cleaner made sure i wasn't getting any particles of crap stuck to the wheels.

14739890992_5f999cb375_c.jpg

14737815594_32e4f7e86d_c.jpg

You just apply the sealant like you would wax on your paint and then buff it off after 10 minutes.

14553535209_139f1b1542_c.jpg

14553532129_4e6a92a1c2_c.jpg

14553511328_e0ff22c71c_c.jpg

I did find it a bit tricky to see if I had applied enough sealant as its clear but the instructions say you can do a few sets of wheels with one kit, so I just made sure I didn't go too crazy. Once that was done I installed the valve stems and center caps, which got a coat of sealant too. All ready for tyres!

14737791564_2e43627495_c.jpg

Saturday morning I woke up with the onset of the Man Flu. Regardless I took the wheels and tyres to Robina to get fitted and balanced. By the time I got home I was not in a good way, so a lie down was in order. Early evening I convinced myself I was still going on the SMT this morning, so I fitted up the wheels. The minute I finished tightening the nuts it started to pour down with rain. What excellent timing  :angry: So no test drive last night. Woke up this morning feeling better and had a great run/shakedown test to Springbrook with Russ, einSteiny and SteveT. The new tyres (Dunlop Direzza II) are absolutely amazing! The car felt so sure footed it was very hard not to grin from ear to ear. I do have a slight rubbing issue when going over whoopdies at speed from the front left. Wayne's keen detective eyes noticed the guards had not been rolled the same on both side by a P.O. Should be an easy fix although I dont see it being too much of an issue anyway. Snapped a few photos on the way home....

14753759092_74b12b101b_c.jpg

14751729584_70393ede8f_c.jpg

14567420779_a61c6fd67a_c.jpg

I find it quite interesting how the colour of the wheels changes so drastically in different lighting conditions. It explains why googling photos of the the wheels before purchasing gave me so many varied tones of gold.

So I am very very happy! Overall the new tyres are great, wheels look amazing and should stay that way for a long time. Anyway, Im going out driving again. Bye!

That car only gets better, the black and gold is classic....

Thanks Mike, it's getting there!

Hey Nathan - is the car being photographed at the front gates that lead to your house?

Wheels look great

No no Ken that's the gates to my guesthouse. :)

z1r8rsotftrnl89vjycd.gif

LOL!

Thanks Al.

I think all they need now are some p-crest center caps, so I have something to point at the valve stems :) seems impossible to find gold ones so might have to paint some silver ones.

Thanks Al.

I think all they need now are some p-crest center caps, so I have something to point at the valve stems :) seems impossible to find gold ones so might have to paint some silver ones.

I can bring the silver ones and see if they fit if you want to try them out, don't forget the Hendricks :-) Bring two bottles if you want the Silver ones LOL  :lol:

Thanks Al.

Oh snap, just realised this was my 911th post!

Try the centres out of the turbo twist wheels -I am sure they were silver and back

I've got the ones from my speedline wheels. They look a little tired so I'll probably buy new ones for those when I get them refurbished. I just have to try and get the gold colour matched.

Thankyou! Much obliged!

It seems crazy to me how similar the turbo body fitments are to the narrow-body.  It's those crazy wide trailing-arms!

Sure Tit, fronts are 8.5x18 ET54 with 235/40 rubber. Rears at 10x18 ET47 with 275/35 rubber.

Thankyou! Much obliged!

It seems crazy to me how similar the turbo body fitments are to the narrow-body. It's those crazy wide trailing-arms!

I could have easily gone an 11" rear but I didn't really trust my measuring skills and most turbo guys on rennlist are running 10's.

Archived