1974 Carrera RS for sale

If anyone is looking for what is almost the perfect early Porsche, you might like to consider my Gulf Blue 1974 Carrera RS, which I have decided to sell to make way for a new competition car.

The car is in turn key condition, as good as my gun mechanic and I can make one of these cars. It will stand any inspection, and is quick, having achieved three second fastest stage times at the 2014 Targa West event. 

The base car was a 1976 Australian delivered non sunroof 930 Turbo. I have all the original Australian delivery books.

In 2005 the car was given to K-Tec by the new owner, who had just bought it from his father in law for the express purpose of converting it to into a 1974 Carrera RS. Like me he is a serial Porsche owner, and someone who knows his 911 stuff. No expense was spared. The car was dismantled, caged, painted and then assembled with the best of everything.

When I bought the car a year ago, although it had done only one Targa event in the past eight years and some club events it had a fresh 3.4 twin plug engine and a fresh gearbox. We went through the car from stem to stern as we always do, and made sure it was spot on, replacing brake lines, pads, various fuel lines and ignition parts, and made it "right". 

There are two options with the car, which is only for sale because I have another class of competition car on the way.

First option is to leave it "as is", and use it in any form of motorsport. It is CAMS log booked, Targa compliant, and on full WA road registration. 

The second option would be to remove the front half of the cage, install trim in the front as the rear is already trimmed and the headlining is in place, and use it on the road utilising the WA registration. It has an all steel body, no accident history, and glass windows. 

It is tractable, handles very well, and is actually a good road car, albeit a bit noisy without trim which is easily sorted. I have a Fabspeed exhaust that could be fitted in place of the motor sport exhaust in need, personally I wouldn't bother as it sounds rather sweet as it is.

If anyone would like the detailed specifications of the car please let me know. I am always happy to discuss the car in detail on 0402356911, and will refer any seriously interested parties to my mechanic.

I'm looking for $120,000, which is about 60 cents in the dollar of the construction cost, and will consider offers or trades. The car is freehold, and I guarantee clear title. A very detailed file of all receipts and other associated information comes with the car.

If anyone is looking to run the car in competition, I am happy to help ease you in to it in whatever way I can. I will post some photos shortly in another message. Its a wonderful car, and will be a very nice addition to any Porsche owners garage. Anyone who has seen the car in person is very taken by it, and it always draws a crowd. It would be nice to see it go to a good home, whatever the intended use.

About the same I reckon.

You should never build a competition car and try to rationalise it. The build file adds up $185,000. Without the car which cost $45,000 and owed $15,000 after the sale of the Turbo bits. Not exactly the actions of a rational man.

I know the previous owner well and we often laugh about it. His collection is something to behold. Makes me look like an amateur. GT1, GT40, 427 Cobra, two 73 RS's, and a Carrera GT. All genuine, all raced except the Carrera GT. I was lucky to get this car in the first place, and if my man maths allow it, I will keep it. The replacement is rather expensive though, and it would make sense to let it go to a good home, especially as I have the RSCS for Porsche competition. It might end up in the new IROC class, who knows?

Oh wow, what a car. Thank Christ I have another car otherwise I'd be clicking through this thread daily and at serious risk of calling and starting down the slippery slope to purchase.

I hope it goes to a buyer in Melbourne, would love to see it in the flesh.

Intrigued - what's next simon.....?

Oh wow, what a car. Thank Christ I have another car otherwise I'd be clicking through this thread daily and at serious risk of calling and starting down the slippery slope to purchase.

I hope it goes to a buyer in Melbourne, would love to see it in the flesh.

Intrigued - what's next simon.....?

Not a Porsche Doug. I wont say yet, but suffice to say its got a bloody big V8.

I assume you forgot to mention '' Car only small child not included in sale"  :ph34r:

I should say that I have no idea who that small boy belongs to. When I found him sitting in it at the Targa West lunch break I suddenly remembered we hadn't killed the fire bomb as we usually do when we stop. Thank goodness he didn't hit the big red button and smother everything in that horrible white stuff. I could put the photo up of the Asian family I found draped over the front of the car at the night display on Targa West. Six of them, draped in various poses, taking a happy snap. Lucky the body is still steel.

Perana?

No, nice try, but Ive got one of those, and its for sale. Actually I've got the rarest of all, the Rainsford Perana built for the London-Sydney Marathon. Someone really should use it. I had an entry in the Sydney London but got the wobbles when the event started to go pear shaped. Good decision, but it renders the car surplus to requirements, so its got to go to someone who would like to rattle its windows. Im hoping a great collector of rare Fords here in WA will buy it, but thats not a certainty.

Archived