Why was guards red so popular?

tazzieman

don't suppose you know what the official name of that fabric is too btw? 'black watch' is close but i'm not sure if it's exact

Being of irritatingly inquisitive disposition , I know all the history of the Black Watch oh look it's even on my site , and have the keyring that matches :) though lacking Scottish ancestry , have drawn the line at a matching kilt. 

I'd love to know the name of this fabric too....

Once you've seen the tartan in real life....there's no turning back!

Never said there was ;  It's what all the best P car owner's wear, ASK ME HOW I KNOW  B)

LeFrogcockpit-1.jpg

Never said there was ;  It's what all the best P car owner's wear, ASK ME HOW I KNOW  B)

LeFrogcockpit-1.jpg

My son liked it (guards red) so much he came home tonight with a brand new Toyo 86. He went the long and winding road home and reports it drives like a 944. Which is good. Tomorrow we are taking a 4hr drive  :) And back on Sunday.

These are very nice cars , which is high praise , simply because I don't like most modern cars. This has been very nicely styled and what's not to like about a flat 4 in our modern world?

86.jpg

All my previous comments about not really liking guards red are null and void. I absolutely loved the 2 Red SC's at Motorclassica today, especially the track focused car (Weissach sport)...they looked brilliant in the flesh...I have to agree now that the colour really suit the impact bumper models...

All my previous comments about not really liking guards red are null and void. I absolutely loved the 2 Red SC's at Motorclassica today, especially the track focused car (Weissach sport)...they looked brilliant in the flesh...I have to agree now that the colour really suit the impact bumper models...

There's another one bought over from the dark side boys ..... the red lovers are gaining momentum ...

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I wasn't much of a red car fan either. But that all changed two weeks ago when I collected the 964.

It's the first real red car I have owned (also have an ignition orange VZ SS Thunder Ute) but the red is rapidly growing on me. Especially with the three layers of wax I have put on it..the colour truly shines.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived