964 Exhaust - what are you all running?

Mike D'Silva

Here's where I am with my 964 and exhaust so far...

I ended up buying all 3 components... 

fabspeed cat bypass - pelican parts

vertex primary bypass - ebay

dansk g pipe (short i think). - pelican parts

First step was fitting just the primary bypass pipe... Stock cat and stock secondary muffler...

The sound was pretty much the same at first.. but after a while it seemed to get louder. I don't know how that is possible seeing as it is just a straight through pipe.. I must have been on some stellar drugs?

Then I fitted the fabspeed cat bypass.. this upped the noise level again.. and is very nice. The note sounds like an old school porsche.. very traditional. But doesnt get exciting till 4000 rpm and in a tiptronic, that only happens in 1st and sometimes 2nd gear... or third if you are going nuts...

Last night, i removed the primary bypass and reinstalled the stock primary muffler.. and fitted the Dansk final g pipe... 

The note is slightly louder again and sounds very different... not as nice as the primary bypass.. but here's the thing.. the car feels like it pulls much harder down low... am I dreaming?

I managed to drop the stock primary muffler on my finger and now its about to fall off...(still throbbing a bit)

IMAG1019_zpsdwzxptit.jpg

An exhaust thread with only a picture of fingers! :P

Do you think there's any issues running a cat-bypass without any ECU mods?  Not sure about the O2 sensor arrangements down there....the computer dosen't sense a cat-failure or anything like that?

Mike,you may wish to run a small (sterilezed ) drill bit thrun your nail into the flesh to release the build up of pressure under your nail.

It may throb all night and keep you awake. This actually does work.

Regards Pete.

Mike,you may wish to run a small (sterilezed ) drill bit thrun your nail into the flesh to release the build up of pressure under your nail.

It may throb all night and keep you awake. This actually does work.

Regards Pete.

holy shit...

really?

no i really dont want to do it.. 

holy shit...

really?

no i really dont want to do it.. 

If you set the drill depth so that it just goes through the nail you will only be drilling into the blood blister and you will not feel a thing, I have done it to myself at least six times

My partner is trying to guilt me into putting the stock cat converter back on in the interests of the environment.. and I'm starting to agree...

Crazy talk!

Start a conversation about "food miles" or similar.

Or travel guilt free by turning off your engine in CBD traffic. I'm being serious here.

Or plant some trees.

Certainly never ever travel by aeroplane  ;)

nope- i have the full fabspeed system, and plug one exhaust outlet to stop droning on the motorway. when plugged it has more torque less top end.

The note is slightly louder again and sounds very different... not as nice as the primary bypass.. but here's the thing.. the car feels like it pulls much harder down low... am I dreaming?

It's interesting to hear your car at full throttle being a tip.

Maybe you are short shifting (?) but listening to it, I am left waiting for it to open up and start screaming.

To my ear, there is such a noticeable difference at the shift sound between the two transmissions, the tip leaves me wanting for more.

I'm running a Dansk G Pipe, sounds very similar at low to medium high revs, very loud outside of the car but really screams at WOT. 

Intoxicating, addictive and I love it. 

Archived