Beards

This is a concise and possibly erudite observation of the herd mentality that has infected many.

http://wundergroundmusic.com/75-of-hipster-beards-compensating-for-lack-of-personality/

A study carried out by the University of London has found that a staggering seventy five percent of hipster beards are grown to compensate for a lack of personality.

According to Professor Clint Shaven of the University’s Anthropology Department the ever increasing number of “spastic face rugs” visible on the capital’s streets are a result of the “monotone plebeian social media generation” that allows people to live their life with minimal human contact.

“Today’s youth are a direct reflection of the society from which they come,” claimed Professor Shaven during an early morning chat with Wunderground, “and that’s a nameless sycophantic c_nt bubble where people build their character based on the latest online trends and fads, rather than emotion and interaction.”

“We’ve found that approximately three out of every four new beards are grown to mask boringness and a lack of individuality,” continued the Professor. “Kids go through life without developing a personality of their own, and then, when they’re faced with the big bad world, they see some meandering sh_t bucket on Instagram with a beard and two and a half million followers and they think ‘hey that could be me, I’ll grow a beard and people will like me.'”

“The major problem with the latest beard craze, apart from not being able to tell the difference between students and peadophiles or winos, is that not everybody can grow a beard,” continued a cautious Professor Shaven. “This could cause kids to become ostracised from their peers, which may in turn lead them to becoming something far worse than a hipster, like a juiced up meat head, a goth or in the worst case scenario a psychopathic serial killer.”

According to Professor Shaven the hipster beard craze is not the first time a generation has hidden behind a hair trend to disguise a lack of personality, “We seen something similar in the 1970s when drugs destroyed the minds of a vast number of kids. They chose to grow their hair long as a defense mechanism against normal people and as a shield to keep their drug addled eyes away from the public’s gaze.”

And here is one in the eye for all those people on a "diet"

https://www.bda.uk.com/news/view?id=39&x[0]=news/list

Is the internet breeding sheep or what?

Professor Shaven, is this serious?

Not backward in coming forward is he.

Does this go for the tattoo craze of the last 6 or 8 years as well?

At least you can shave a beard off I guess, and roll down your trousers.

I have seen some impressive beards lately, it has to be said.  Some real Ned Kelly jobs - those take commitment.

If Carmen Electra was doing a cooking show, or ANY show, I'd watch it!

(I HATE cooking shows like MKR and that other crap with the 3 plonkers hosting it with a passion. Especially that bozo with the neckerchief thing)

On a happier note!

I get my car back all painted on Monday  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

You have no idea how excited I am right now

Archived