Hagerty's latest valuations due for release in weeks time.

I like the sound of this comment, I guess only time will tell.

"But the strongest buy in the water-cooled Porsche world has to be the 996 Turbo. Tainted by the fiasco of exploding intermediate shaft bearings in the naturally aspirated 996, the Turbo doesn’t in fact use an intermediate shaft bearing and has proven to be quite robust. Eventually the market will figure out that these are close relatives to the brilliant and expensive 959 and the party will be over."

Found my car for sale on the side of the road in a country town two years ago.

A car I was obsessed with since a child, personally I wouldn't care if it was going down in value. 

Seems now the value increase is not stated in percentage, it's stated in multiples.

If you have not revisited your insurance valuations in 2014, you really need to get on to it.

Could you replace your car for what your insurance company would give you?

Don't expect your insurance company to be up to speed with these increases.

Arming yourself with information and educating insurance companies is a reality when things move this fast.

Hageties Values suits the US but any one looked at the UK market recently, Australia will soon be the cheap place to buy RHD cars...

My guess that this is already happening. The dollar dive will not have gone unnoticed. I expect the 964s to start disappearing first.

Interesting that the US due to a rule change are now buying english (rusty) hot hatches.

Having recntly sold a rare RHD Maseratis' (one of 85, RHD 400 total ) the valuation was based on the UK price so I tend to forget what the US is paying for RHD cars.

Also the RHD market includes parts of Asia wich are now buying collector cars from Australia.

Found my car for sale on the side of the road in a country town two years ago.

Back in the day there were a few of us that were sniffing around your car, I did an inspection on it for an interstate friend.

It sat for sale on PCSA site for quite a while.

Back then, at the asking price, it needed a fair bit of work to bring it up to snuff.

Times change though.

Back in the day there were a few of us that were sniffing around your car, I did an inspection on it for an interstate friend.

It sat for sale on PCSA site for quite a while.

Back then, at the asking price, it needed a fair bit of work to bring it up to snuff.

Times change though.

It was just the project I was looking for. I'm a mechanic by trade but mainly deal in electrical now. Wanted a 930 since I was about 10.

I've restored cars since the 90's, had been through over 50 and was near on sick of cars, then this turned up.

Lets just say I didn't pay what they where asking.

Yes it needed a lot of work, I'm well under way with all that, working on it every day at the moment.

More of a preservation job than a restoration.

The only way I can afford to bring it back to life is by doing all the work myself.

Turns out it's one of the very first 400 built! Australian delivered matching numbers, no rust.........

I feel sorry for the guy that sold it.

Better still we can go for a drive when it's done.

From the outside it has not changed much, other than cleaner.

Been doing suspension, steering, cleaning, brakes, cleaning, electrical, CIS plus lots of cleaning.............

I'm gathering up all the missing or incorrect parts at the moment.

It's been such an interesting 2 years.

Archived