If you are selling your car.. would you use this photos?

On a side tangent,  I'm working my way through the entire series of Jeeves and Wooster , and by George if he doesn't daily drive a very valuable Aston Martin International 1 1/2L from 1928.

wooster104xg0.2517.jpg

AM have progressed a fair way since then , but this car is no less cool - low slung , wide track and side pipes  :)

I say old chap , back to the Wooster in the ad now...

Guest Harold

The car is stunning but i wonder what issues would arise given it is a UK import?

I would buy it if i didn't have a P car. Anyone want to buy a 991S????

The car is stunning but i wonder what issues would arise given it is a UK import?

I would buy it if i didn't have a P car. Anyone want to buy a 991S????

The trend here seems to be towards the last century models Harold  ;)

They rust only slightly more than UK delivered Astons.

Make sure you can live with their design faults: Cramped interiors. Seats don't go back far enough. Hit head on hood catch in Volante. No clutch foot rest. Dreadful throttle response. Unforgiving clutch. Unforgiving throttle for moving off smoothly slowly (worse in Vantage). Then there are the faults that turn up: Random and frequent engine check light coming on. Cracked exhaust manifolds. Tyre wear inner and outer edges. They don't have upper wishbones at the rear (just like the E-Type!) so the drive shaft joints take the weight of the rear and wear out within 10,000 miles. Air conditioning evaporator leaks (behind dash, big job and alarmingly common too. Dodgy dealers charge it up and send it out anyway) Leaks from other AC parts. Throttles sticking shut at throttle body (which is buried deep in an awkward place). Low idle speed, stalling. Fuel smell in boot from leaky tank. Broken exterior door handles. Window lift motors which 'forget' how to go up properly. Unbonded rear suspension arm bushes. Rust! (yes folks these cars are rot boxes underneath, worse than the dreaded Virage!) Poor panel fitment around bumpers. Loose glove box lid and general fally-apartness I missed one glaring major flaw effecting DB7s increasingly. Timing chain tensioner wear or just plain falling apart causes them to sound like a washing machine full of bolts on start-up. Listen to an older one on start-up and you'll see what I mean! Biggest problem with these - Air Conditioning... The evaporator behind the dash regularly springs a leak on DB7s and is a rather big and expensive job to replace. Another fairly serious problem is timing chain rattle on start-up due to the plastic backing falling off the tensioners so the chain rubs the metal backing, making a racket. Next in line you have a multitude of random gremlin problems like engine check warning light, electrical weirdos, Ford switch gear faults, broken door handles, idle speed problems, misted up headlamps, worn wheel bearings, odd tyre wear, alarm faults, worn rear suspension bushes, cracked exhaust manifolds, and electric window motor faults. They look nice though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5tEbrVIKM

Unique wide mesh chrome grille with ‘Jubilee’ badge

Is that top secret lingo?

It's very easy to criticise the db7 as a 1960s design with newer and more complicated bits.  (e-type->xjs->db7)

But everyone loves the 993  :ph34r:

Largely because they adopted a modification of the 928s suspension  so everyone could drive them around corners  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Top Secret anagrams as To Spectre

"Tinnars Moat" , as we 007 types tend to say , what ho!

Your dead right Tazzieman it was a secret;

The cars were especially hidden from the excited new owners during the daylight hours in a large marquee especially labelled 'Tinnars Moat Craft Fair' -

Archived